So, I've been checking out a lot of the hot mommy-blogs on Babble lately...just to see what we mommies are writing about, and you know what I've discovered...we are all writing about the same things! I'm giddy about that because it confirms my suspicion that households the world over, no matter the income-bracket, size of the family, nationality or creed, are pretty much sharing a lot of the same story. Everyone writes with a uniqueness of their own, but I can relate to the content with laughter and tears and sometimes both at the same time. Sure, the stories are a bit different, but also so connected by the underlying thread of life and love.
On that note, I've been stuck at home for the past couple of days due to an 'out-of-commission' vehicle...until tomorrow - thank GOD for husbands who double part-time as mechanics! I can't tell you how many "I'm so bored"'s I've heard over the past 48 hours. Even caught myself saying it this afternoon...until Bella awoke from her nap. At that point I....made cookies, ate cookies, had a tea party, had another tea party, played dolly, ate more cookies...and the day continued along those lines.
I really, really, really am trying to enjoy every little moment, but I'll be honest peeps...I'm tired! For those of you who know the dynamics of this crew of mine...we had our 3 boys and then eight years later...totally by God's Grace...we had our girl (who is now two). She was totally not an "oops" baby, as a matter of fact, we were in the middle of the crazy wait for a Chinese adoption (found out a few days ago we would still be in the "waiting room" had we not pulled our dossier) when we found ourselves in the middle of a marriage crisis, and then after that storm subsided...totally by God's Grace, found ourselves pregnant with precious #4!
My point is, I am so beyond grateful for the gift of being mother to the sweetest, brightest and funniest tot on planet Holbrook, but girl keeps me running!!! For those of you raising boys I would like to clarify the answer to the age-old question, "Are girls that much different than boys?" A resounding YES!!! So, so different. Delightful, but different. Way more maintenance involved...emotional maintenance esp.
Belle is way more observant than any of the boys ever were (Silas was definitely the most observant of the boys) and I would like to end on this note: I went in to get Belle out of her crib after her nap this afternoon. I had finally taken my shower and my hair was clean and down (not in the usual mommy up-do). Bella reached her little hand up towards my face and so softly and sweetly said, "Cupe Mommy!" That means, "cute mommy"! It was so tender and honest...no agenda, just her pure observation and it sank way down deep into a place in me...I think the child in me...where it was received with all of the purity of the moment. I totally believed this precious ones honest assessment of her mommy.
It's so hard for us women to be on the receiving end of compliments because immediately the 'impostor' voice wants to remind us of the war in our heads...insecurities, self-doubts...old voices. Usually I don't even hear the compliment because I'm already excusing it as an inaccurate assessment before the person can finish speaking it.
To add to that...I put the girl down for the night and stayed in her room, in the rocker, while she chatted and sang herself to sleep. As the evening light faded, the light from the computer was illuminating my face I guess because she looked over her crib and again blessed my heart with such precious words, "You pitty mommy." Yes honey, I'm pretty pitiful looking by the end of the day...wait, that's the voice of the impostor. Translation: "You look pretty mommy!" Did I mention how in love I am with this daughter of mine?
UNTAMED TOUR ON SALE TODAY!
6 years ago
1 comment:
Ah...THAT was a nice read and I relate!!! Well done, dearest daughter! Some day you are going to have the makings of your Family History through the efforts you put into this paths of promise spot!
What a gift and, thank God you have the discipline to capture the moments because, believe me, they slip by oh so quickly!!!
ENJOY our littlest one and REJOICE (RE-CHOICE) every chance you get.
Loving you forever,
Ma
Post a Comment