Right...so doesn't it feel sometimes like everyone else has their s*%# together and you're left floundering around inside your head with self-doubt, insecurities and maybe even a little self-loathing? I seriously wonder when I will finally accept the 'me' God made me to be and stop comparing myself to others or trying to be perfect...when I know perfect is perfectly impossible to attain in this fleeting life. I really want to be that woman who can laugh at herself...and accept herself most of the time because I am learning that truly, it is next to impossible to love others if I don't love myself. When did I get it in my head that I had to heap these unrealistic expectations on myself with no room for failure of any kind. It's pretty maddening and can make a girl a little crazy in the head.
It can also make your family a tad crazy...trying to figure you out.
There are just those days, weeks, ugh-months, though, when I get sort-of 'stuck' in this place and I forget who I am...or I just completely lose sight of who I am (but, honestly...that is the age-old question...who am I?!!!). It's really easy, I think, to get in a mindset of wandering around in this desert. It really is a desert place too. It's dry, dusty and full of illusions! There is something about entering your forties that launches you into such reflections...or maybe I should have gone through this in my twenties? Wow...there's a thought.
I expressed to a gal-pal last week that I feel like I've been stripped naked of who I 'thought' I was and I'm groping around for a sense of identity. It seems like the 'right' thing to say at this point is, "My identity is found in Jesus!" But seriously, and I'm just being honest here, I am trying to really, truly, honestly discover and believe what that statement means to me...this one that He created for His pleasure. I am desperate to know Him more fully than I ever have been in my life.
If I uncover some amazing truths or revelations on the matter, I will be certain to fill you in. I know He is the Faithful One...and if that is all I know right now...then I have to trust that He is somewhere in this desert with me...I just need the dust to clear ;)
UNTAMED TOUR ON SALE TODAY!
6 years ago

1 comment:
Oh Gi...
First of all, I am SO glad that you are writing again. I saw your comment on my most recent page, so I have taken a few moments to catch up a little on your pages.
Second of all, we NEED to have lunch again, or tea, or SOMETHING! I have been in this same dust bowl, and I am lingering still. Every word of this post sounds like It came straight from me!! UGH... Anyhow, it may just be one big gripe session, but we have always been good at doing just that and then ending on a note of prayer and thanksgiving. I love that about us, and I MISS IT! I'll call you when boys are back to school and life has settled a bit.
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment