Thursday, July 12, 2012

Got out of bed early this morning for a run, knowing that as the day progressed it was going to get hot quickly.  I resisted.  I mean, I really resisted!  I don't know about you women, but when I am pre-menstrual, I have an aversion to exercise, my body feels heavy, bloated and my legs are like, "Really, you're going to make me do this when I am fighting for blood supply and oxygen?"  Blasted mensies!!!
Dragged myself to the car, wiped the sleep out of my eyes and drove up to my parking area.  Started to wake up finally as I tied my shoes and set my RunKeeper for 5m.  As I shut the car door I uttered simply, "Bless my effort Lord cause I'm not feeling it!"

I didn't push myself too hard, kept it slow and steady, and you know I felt surprisingly strong and not as lead-footed as I thought I would feel.  There is currently a fire burning in the canyon, but the breeze was in my favor and kept the smoke off of the divide, although there were fire crew passing me by the droves heading towards the battle grounds.  Prayed for their safety and that the fire would be contained soon!

That was about 9 hours ago.  Currently, I am at "My Beach" with Bella...that would be out on the deck sitting next to a 6 ft. diameter purple baby-pool while she delightfully splashes around, ice-cream sandwich cookie all over her face!  I'm just enjoying her so much these days...love to sit and watch her interact with her environment.  She is most verbal and can voice her opinion on anything from having to tinkle (we are in sweet little...and I mean little...girlie hipster panties now...just want to squeeze that cuteness to pieces) to how she feels about her brothers wrestling around in the living area.  "Boys, STOP IT!"  She is truly a wee-me and I am amazed at the way she can throw her hip to the side and mimmic mommy's non-verbals and verbals alike.  She's our little curly-girl and that hair is a pretty fair indication of the personality that we see bursting forth...Crazy Daisy-Maisy!!!  She is sprite, and bright and full of fun!  She loves to dance, and sing and chase her brothers about yelling, "Marco!"  They respond with, "Polo!"  Her most recent game is to throw her arm about saying, "Ro-Sham-Po!"  Except that it's always rock -no paper, no scissors...yet!

So, that's where it's at today...my beach!    The fire still burns in the canyon.  No inundation of smoke, but I hear they are getting it down in Auburn area so the plan is to run up to town later this eve and grab an ice-cream.  Summer time!!!


No comments: