Thursday, July 19, 2012

I think we were all wildly surprised by the gentle sound of the rain early this morning...probably the boys more so because they chose to sleep out on the deck last night!  I lay there at about 5:45 (my usual wake-time lately is about 6:15ish) and I couldn't wait to get up and put my running shoes on and head out to enjoy the smells and drops of rain on my cheeks...and shut the window of my car that I left open last night.  Oops!

It was a great run...except that I've decided to return the Asics...I've given them almost two weeks and though my feet aren't sore...my calves are not happy in them.  Come to find out, they are built primarily for the overpronator.  I am not an overpronator, nor am I an over-achiever, except when I'm cleaning the boys bathroom.  I have a neutral to underpronated gate which means I have a pretty high arch...so the shoes go back and I'm on the search for another pair.  Should I just stick with the Nike Zoom Vomero's?  I don't know.  I want a shoe that looks a little more snappy...so the age-old question for women presents itself even here...looks or comfort?  Actually, injury or no injury is what it really comes down to.  And then the next question...who CARES?

Fast forward to 9:30.  Belle and I headed down to Auburn for her very first dance class.  Oh my heart it was so CUTE, I can't even take it!  I sat there snapping pictures of my wee-girl thinking, "This is an absolute dream come true!  God has gifted me with little princess treasure (she was the smallest in the class, which was small too..3 little princesses) and she has no idea what a miracle she is to this mommy."  I could not wipe the smile off of my face as I watched her absorbing the newness of the experience.  Can't believe how she took right to accepting direction and following!  Of course, she is brilliant so I shouldn't be too surprised:)  She was exceptionally brilliant at growling like a bear as the teacher had them do a movement to mimic a bear crawl...no surprise there - three brothers to thank for that!

After stopping to grab toilet paper on the way home...because I don't want to live another day shaking my bum over the toilet and reaching across the sink for Kleenex...I was driving up Foresthill road and for whatever reason, the sign that I've passed and glanced at thousands of times over the past 12 years jumped out at me.  It is halfway up the road between Auburn and Foresthill and reads, "STAY ALIVE-halfway home!"  Something in me leaped.  It was a slap-in-the-face reminder to me (one that I've been needing) that I have no right to take my blessings for granted. I'm 40 years old and I very well could be half way home!  (My secret desire is to live until the ripe old age of 96...that's how old my precious Grandma Carlomagno was when she was done here), but I could be...halfway home!  Anyway, that sign was for me, this morning, yet another reminder to Be Here Now-A. and V. Whitfield shout out!   I've been given so many blessings...my family, my home, my country, my freedoms!  Incredible blessings not to be taken lightly.

The fact that I get to watch this precious little girl learn her first dance steps...this little girl who was never supposed to be here (long story, scroll back a few years worth of posts) and that I get to wake up to the sound of boys laughter as they are getting soaked by rain, that my husband isn't off fighting a war (I know, how did I go from rain to war), that I can go to the fridge and grab a sweet-tea, that I can send my kids off to the pond to fish (with their cell-phones;)...I could type all day.  The fact is, most of the time I act like a spoiled brat and I focus on what's wrong in my world instead of what is right!  I really need to get my head straight about this.  I LOVE MY LIFE and I need to live like it!

Thank You God for this ONE LIFE!!!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Well...THERE...I'm all caught up after reading to June! You're still doing a remarkable job in getting your thoughts down, dear daughter, and these will be the memories of tomorrow!

We thank you again for having our gang over the 4th of July and blessing us on our Anniversary with FAMILY!!! Our highlights are being with each one and enjoying the interactions...look what our union has done!!! Three daughters, three son-in-laws and eight grandchildren are such a testimony to "Family" love!

We love you all and thank God for you daily! Can't wait to have the boys here next week -- fun, fun, fun!

God is good!