Week 5 of summer vacation and though I'm trying not to look, I think I see the school year on the horizon. Feels so right to be home with my sole focus being the kids and laundry. I can't believe I just said that. I'm always thankful for the times I get to shake off the responsibilities of being a 'professional.' Love being able to tend to the needs of family without the pull of my 'other job'.
There is a time for every purpose under heaven, or what is it...to everything - turn, turn, turn; there is a season -turn, turn, turn. Haha, singing that song in my head takes me back to 'chapel' services in 5th grade with Mr. Fox strumming on his guitar. Simple, simpler times!
The older two will be heading off to Grandpa and Grandma's next week. Love my parents so much and the boys are so excited to head out on adventure with them. Not sure what Silas and Belle and I will do, but I'm sure we'll find some adventure of our own. I have ideas.
Thinking of heading back to the river today - Coloma?!!! I love that side of the river. It is full of sweet memories and a bit more clean and less crowded than the confluence or the boys new-found spot, which they continue to beg me to go to...the Ponderosa. I know, just the name alone! I keep telling them that I will not go back to that spot without Dad! I mean it!
Hope everyone is having a great summer vacation. :)
UNTAMED TOUR ON SALE TODAY!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment