Ha! That's all I can do is laugh. Picked up the boys from Grandpa and Grandma's yesterday. It was a sweet reunion... lots of stories of fish caught and adventures had. Admittedly, by all, it was really good for the older two to get away for a few nights. They expressed how wonderful it was to not wake up to Bella's squeaky morning demands, and I expressed how wonderful it was to be able to escape the demands of two teenagers for a time. However, we also admitted how much we missed all of that as well...until the drive home of course:) Just kidding!
Speaking of the drive home...stopped at Cabela's, cause that's what we do, and smelled some awful, overheating car stench..and then realized..."Oh crappy, that would be my car!" OK- so, my typical response to all of this would be fist in the air, fretting, and some really mature verbals. Surprisingly, I did not feel so inclined, in the least bit, to go there. I honestly didn't even get all tight in the gut or anxious or swear even once. I looked at my man, shrugged, turned off the car, we got out and opened the hood, at which point we realized there was water pouring out of somewhere that it should not be pouring out and said, "Well, it's not like God didn't know this was coming, so let's trust that He's going to give us the wisdom we need!" Brian looked at me like, "Who is this lady?" -cause he is very familiar with my typical reaction.
I took the fearsome foursome into Cabela's and while the kids looked at fish, and flies, and fowl and all of the other beasts on display in that place, I walked and I talked to my Abba and thanked Him for "the answer". Mom and Dad showed up about 20 minutes later and as usual blessed us with their kindness and care as only parents can. They followed us to Boreal Ridge and the car seemed to be cooperating. At least it wasn't overheating! We parted ways and drove home...and most thankfully, got home!
Unpacked -check; dinner-check; Bella bathed and down-check! Kids are watching the Olympics and I'm resting on my bed enjoying the cool of the evening and the last bit of daylight lingering atop the oaks and pines. All is well-and as far as the vehicle goes, we'll just have to wait and see what the mechanic says. These are just life's little interruptions and I'm so learning that I have a choice in the matter. On the drive home Brian reached over, grabbed my hand and said, "Babe, thank you for not getting all worked up. Your calmness gave me strength to deal with my own stress."
People, do you realize how huge that is for me. I chose calm! This Italian high-strung chick is changing and I LIKE IT! Life's little interruptions are the testing ground for change and growth! I LIKE IT!!
UNTAMED TOUR ON SALE TODAY!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment