Monday, April 5, 2010

Let the Nesting Begin!!!


It's official...I have hit major nesting mode with this pregnancy. Thankfully, we are on spring break this week and the plan (ha!) is to get as much done as I can over the next 10 days or so. There's so much to do and I'm going to take one wee bite at a time. Started today by prepping the hall bathroom for a fresh paint job...so needs it...then I'll head downstairs to tackle the biggy...painting Isabella's room, the bathroom and our "new" bedroom (Bri and I will be moving downstairs with bebe'.) The carpet dude came this afternoon and measured the carpet for the downstairs (another much needed home improvement.) The boys will be moving upstairs to the master bedroom and that will be a project in itself. I'm looking forward to the changes.

I can't believe we are only 8 weeks from meeting our baby girl. We received her precious crib bedding the other day. Wow..talk about C-U-T-E. It's the Penelope Collection from PBK. I'll have to post a picture. It has little birds on it, of course, and is done in the softest pinks and greens. I have this vision of her room in my head and I can't wait to watch it become reality. I have always loved interior design. Never thought I would actually be decorating our baby girl's nursery...well, I shouldn't say that...the plan was to be decorating our precious Chinese daughter's nursery. God still holds that dream.


Easter Sunday was delightful. We went to church, which was awesome, and then we enjoyed a day of reflection and rest at home..just us. The family all met at Tina's this Easter, but for some reason we did not feel compelled to travel down to Sacramento to join everyone. There was a time when I would have never been able to do that...the pleaser that I was. I think this is evidence of what God is doing in me. Don't get me wrong. I love my family and enjoy our times together, and did actually invite them up to the house if they wanted to trek up here for dinner. No go. It ended up being a stormy, stay-at-home, very cozy Easter. The boys enjoyed their "indoor" egg-hunt and did lots of reading (yes, I did say reading:0) and resting. Silas woke up this morning all groggy-eyed and his first words to me were, "I wish yesterday wasn't over Ma!" That says it all.

The next couple of weeks are sketchy for my B. He has a big test coming up on Saturday for more college units and he is sooooo nervous. The following weekend is the big Sea Otter Race in Monterey which we will all be heading down to for a few days...it's our "babymoon" vacation...probably the last significant distance we will go before wee one arrives.

I've been reflecting this past week on how blessed beyond belief I am. My life is a reflection of His amazing GRACE and provision. I am thankful daily for the food in my cupboards, the healthy children I have, the home that keeps us warm and dry, the beds we snuggle up in at night and on and on and on. My prayer is that the Lord would use the provision He has given us to bring Him honor and glory. I was watching "Extreme Home Makeover" last night and again, the Lord sparked the flame in me to someday love on His orphaned ones. Someday Lord! I know You are always in the process of preparing us and I just want You to know I am willing and open to the plans You have for me and my family. We belong to You!!!

In the mean time, I'll be nesting away here in my little home in the woods, giving You praise for all You have given!

No comments: