Thursday, April 8, 2010

Resting and Nesting

Friday already? So, here we are, rounding the corner towards the end of our spring break. It's been busy but really super. Tuesday was the last session for the Genesis Process Change group that I have been attending the past few months. We had a precious time together....shared brunch, prayed together and completed the last process. These women are so precious to me and though I can't venture into book 2 with them, I know that God is going to continue to reveal Himself, His truth, His love in the most intimate way to them. I will miss them on Tuesday mornings, but I will stay in touch and I know that we will continue to pray for one another. I'm not sure where I go from here...except to say that I know God is telling me to rest in Him and let my body rest in preparation for our Isabella Grace.

Now...the tricky part is...resting and nesting...at the same time :0) Is that possible? Finished the bathroom (almost)...a little bit of detail work and then it's done! Just love turning the light on to a fresh paint job. Good color...not too dark, but rich enough to give the room some depth and dimension. My mind is already on tomorrow's project...painting a cupboard I've had for some time now white for baby room storage. I think it will look darling in her room - old but new. Then it's time to move oldest over so we can start priming for pink!

The boys have been very active this week. Caleb spent an incredible couple of days with his favorite pro dirt-jumper. This was a total gift from the Lord for him. Christian Wright happens to be one of my students. This family is stellar and we have bonded as family in the Lord....which is so powerful for Caleb. Not only is Christian part of the MTB world, but he is also a Jesus-follower and a fabulous mentor for our Caleb. His mom is just full of love and life and is so excited to take on "Camp Holbrook" (her words) once the baby comes. They live on 150 acres off of Mt. Vernon...ponds (big bass), bike jumps, trails, even a half-pipe in the barn. Oh yes, Camp Holbrook will be lovin' it!

Younger two have been doing a lot of trail riding and hanging out this week. I love to hear them laughing together outside as I scamper around the house. They make me giggle. The weather has been incredible and I'm so thankful for this sunshine we've been blessed with this week. Windows are flung open and the smells and sounds of spring are in the air. We were laying on my bed this eve. with the window open. It was soooo quiet, except for the sound of a hoot owl calling for it's mate down in the woods. Beautiful!

Brian will be home tomorrow to prepare for the big test on Saturday. Please pray for him. He is sooooo nervous about this test. I'll be glad when it's over. It's hard to not carry the stress of your mate, you know! God love him. I've been there so many times and I just keep encouraging him and reminding him that the Holy Spirit is the best test-taker in the world...all knowledge is His! We will all breathe a sigh of relief come Saturday afternoon and I think I'll make him a cake :0)

Happy almost spring all! Hope you are able to take some time to get outside and take it all in. If you live here in FH...the creek bottom is just beautiful right now!
Love to all!
Gi


No comments: