Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lead me!

I just have to smile. God, in His amazing wisdom gave us 3 beautiful, active, terrific boys and as baby-day approaches, I can't help but reflect on each of their births and how incredible it has been to guide them and watch them grow. The reward of being their parents continues to be one of the greatest joys of our lives.

We watched a movie the other night called "Old Dogs". In one of the scenes Robin Williams is very unsure of his roll as a father, especially to his daughter. John Travolta's character tells him, "All she wants is to know that she is protected and that you'll love her forever." I couldn't help but hear the sniffles coming from my husband as he wiped his eyes. The reality of this very new responsibility...A "DAUGHTER"...it's hitting him! The word "daddy" will begin to take on a new tenderness and sweetness. God is soooo smart! He has led us to this place and I know God will continue to be faithful in giving us both what we need to love on this precious gift.

Now, here we are, preparing for our DAUGHTER. It's unreal and I've been flooded lately with scripture after scripture of God's faithful promises to me. I look back and I can see the thread that has led us here. It is a thread of love, joy, trial, tears, but all along there is the refrain of His PROMISE..."I will make all things beautiful, and they shall know that I Am the Lord, their God!" Oh wow, I heard a song by Sanctus Real (Lead Me) today that just sent me into worship because I have seen God turn my life around these past few years. This song is a prayer...granted, it's the prayer of a husband and father, but it touched me soooo deply! I see God doing a deep work in my husband and I know that Isabella is such a part of this journey of the heart!

This week is a busy one. I have my last run of face-to-face meetings with parents and then a couple of IEPs next week...and then it's just about over! My doctor told me today that she doesn't want me driving up to N.C. after next week so I guess that settles that! I'll be seeing her every week now. Yowza! It's really happening.

Came home to a lovely surprise from my honey today...a gorgeous glider rocker for the nursery. My first! Can you believe that? I've nursed three babies without the comfort of a glider rocker:0) Boy-oh-boy will it be nice to rest with Isabella in my arms on this thing! Glory! I feel so spoiled. Thank you my darling for this early Mommy's Day blessing. Now, if I could just get Silas our of it :0)...he loves it! I think he'll be rocking his baby sister a lot.

Next stop..Baby Bella Shower on Saturday.



1 comment:

Canada to China and back! said...

Great post my friend! I assure you it will be amazing to witness the change in husband after they place that sweet lil Bella in his arms! My husband is a different Man now that we have one girl! ( He even let her paint his toenails!!!) Its so sweet to watch him with her:0) Oh you will so love you glider rocker! I got one for our second born and its almost worn out now! Guess where we got it??? COSTCO :0) Praying for you as you head closer to B-day.

Hugs,
Kim