Sunday, March 28, 2010


Haven't had a minute to sit and catch my breath until today. It feels so good to be resting this afternoon. Thankfully, I have not experienced any swelling yet with this pregnancy. I remember with the boys, being on my feet all day in the classroom and coming home with swollen feet, hands, and being very achy. This has been such an amazing pregnancy, thank you Jesus!

Brian and I sat in church today after service and spent some time in prayer and reflection. He expressed to me that as we approach b-day, he is starting to feel a new sense of excitement and joy welling up in him. His precious baby girl is on her way! Bless the Lord! It's hard to put into words what this pregnancy means to both B. and I. Not only are we in such a different season of our lives, which makes this a very different experience...we are such different individuals than we were 13 years ago when we had our first gift...we are also so aware that God breathed His 'Promise of Grace' (that's what her name means) into our lives as part of our healing and restoration.

Speaking of 'b-days'...our Ben-Jammin celebrated his 11th birthday last Thursday! It was such a wonderful day of surprises from His Papa! He really wanted to go to IHOP for his big day. Benjamin loves, loves, loves pancakes! Last minute, he decided that he would really like a "Grand Slam" breakfast instead. So , off to Denny's we went on Thursday morning. When we pulled in we all saw the sign out front that said, "Free Grand-Slam on your birthday!" Awesome! That made for a sweet beginning to his day and we all enjoyed being around the table together, sharing and laughing as a family. I love these simple times together and cherish them deeply. They are gifts from the Father.


Benjamin spent the rest of the day very excited for his buddy, Colby to arrive. These two are famous friends and though they don't see each other that often...when they do get together, it is just so special. Colby is such a great kid and they "play" so beautifully together...mellow, polite, gracious. They have very much the same heart and level of maturity and it just works well! You know, there are just those kids that you don't mind having over any time because the dynamics are good between the kids. Colby also has two brothers Silas and Caleb's age who are very much the same.

Back to Ben...Colby brought him the coolest present. He made up a story using candy bars glued to a poster board. If you know Ben then you know that he has a major sweet tooth. I blame myself...when I was pregnant with him I was teaching 6th grade and I kept Snicker-bars in my desk drawer for insentives. Well, preggy-me couldn't keep her hands off at the end of the day when sitting at my desk grading papers. Benjamin never stood a chance:0) I also attribute his love for candy to the fact that God made him so darn sweet! His thoughtfulness is unmatched...never failing to see what needs to be done around the house, taking my bags out for me in the morning, just very aware! He is going to be an amazing husband. Colby spent the night and it was filled with giggles and fun. We had a delicious rib dinner (Ben's favorite) and a movie-Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinos. It was a fabulous day!




Blah, blah, blah, I know. That's why I call this my "blah!' I ended the week at a Women's Aglow retreat with my mama! Wasn't sure about this one and actually didn't even feel like going, nor did I have any expectations for the weekend. Just felt kind-of numb about the whole thing. Well, nothing could have prepared me for what we experienced anyways, so no wonder! All weekend we experienced the astounding "NOW" word of the Lord. It was so powerful, prophetic and intensely pertinent. Brian keeps asking me what it was "about" and I am still chewing on so much, I don't know how to answer him yet. I know it was big! God confirmed big things to this precious group of 100 or so woman. I felt privileged to be part of this outpouring of God's Spirit and mandate for this time. These are all woman who have watched my "becoming" since I was about 13 years old and attended my first Aglow retreat in Occidental-Bodega Bay, and they bless my life with their love. Isabella was prayed over, prophesied over, kissed on and loved up on. Again...confirmation after confirmation of God's perfect intentions.

Rolling into the Holy week now and sensing the Lord's presence as we approach Passover, Good Friday and His Promise of Resurrection Life-Easter Sunday! He is my Life-Saver and Life-Giver and I praise Him for covering my sin with His precious blood. He paid the price and Grace is ours! Happy Easter!!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

We are ALL so blessed by Ben and Colby's sweet friendship! I say we need to make sure they have more time to hang out. We love you Ben Holbrook!!

Enjoyed our sweet little time to talk today, Gi. I'm so glad that God gives us those times, even if they aren't super long. I always leave "us" feeling so uplifted by our friendship.

Love you!