Monday, March 15, 2010

Back on "The Trail"


What an amazing, full weekend! I don't even know where to begin. It all started with a phone call from one of my precious friends who also happens to be an amazing professional photographer. For some time now she/we have been wanting to do some preggy-belly pics. It's just been so yucky-rainy and cold and the timing seemed to never be right. Now I know why! On Saturday we (Treacy, Joanne and her daughter and myself) took to the trail...Silverado Trail in the Napa Valley. Having grown up in the wine country I had a few ideas rolling around in my head as to where we needed to be, but really was trusting the Lord to be our guide. In my head I pictured cherry trees, beautiful yellow-mustard blooms and vineyards. To make a long story short, we ended up at the most beautiful location, Frog's Leap Winery, just off the beaten path. There is no doubt at all in my mind that the Lord faithfully led us here.

At the time we pulled in, there was a private tour and party just finishing up. I went in and asked the gal if we could walk around the property and take some shots of preggy-me. She was very kind and said that would be fine. Wow, were we in for a treat. Immediately I could sense Treacy switching gears. The artist that she is, was on a mission. In a matter of a half hour she had scoped and planned the whole photo shoot and everything that I could have ever imagined in my head was now reality before me. Not just cherry trees, but cherry trees with mustard growing all around, fountains, hidden crevices of artistry scattered around the property. Incredible and beautiful beyond words.

Before I knew it, out came the cameras and little (ha), big, blooming me, was the focus of these three beautiful blondes with cameras in hand. A change of clothes here, a change of positions there, a beautiful fountain and the sun falling on the vineyards in the background...it was heaven! At around 5:00, a sound that used to be so "normal" to me as a child, began to fill the air and I sensed the presence of the Holy Spirit so strongly. It was a dove, cooing over our precious baby Isabella...my baby bird! The Lord was whispering His kindness to me as I gazed down at my swollen belly carrying this precious miracle. I will NEVER forget it. I never want to forget it. It was sooooo HOLY and intimate.

I can't wait to see what Treacy does with the photos. She was amazing! It's always awesome to me how a person, when doing something they love, transforms into someone, not so much different, but, well, yes...I guess different...strong, fulfilled, intentional! She was beautiful to watch and listen to as she coached Joanne and Katie! She was totally in her element as a photographer and an artist. Our time together as friends and sisters was so sweet.

Now...let me switch gears. I'm laughing so hard now thinking about how different Sunday was! It was a total boy-boy day. Nothing gentle, sweet, soft about this day! Brian, Ben and Silas were all competing in the Cool Mtn. Bike Race and we got up very early to head to the race. It was muddy, it was loud, it was fast...but it was fun and a joy to watch my little Benjamin (who may be little, but is such a mighty little guy) roll in to the finish-line in FIRST PLACE! I couldn't believe it. I cried...yes I did. I wasn't expecting it. Some of these kids have been racing since they began riding bikes. This was new for Ben and I just didn't know what to expect, really. God love him! What a heart my Ben has. I know that whatever he does, he will prosper in because he dedicates his efforts to the God of his days and He is very aware that his life belongs to the Father!
...and yes, my darling took first place in his division as well. This did not surprise me :0) Brian loves the race! He has been training hard for his race in Monterey in April and was ready for this one! Good job my love! It is so good to see my honey setting his sights on the prize and going for it.

The day got a bit crazy when we realized the keys had been locked in the car, but I've simply, finally learned not to get excited about these things. I let B. call the tow company and while he and the boys waited for the podium/raffle to start, I hopped in the tow truck with 'Christian' (the guys name) from Placerville and the Lord was so kind again! This guy was a brother in the Lord and we shared such a "cool" conversation together. I sensed the intentionality of God even in this. It took him all of thirty seconds to get into the truck (wild!) and I had keys in hand. No biggy!
I'm learning to run to peace when these challenges arise...like keys getting locked in a car, bags of stuff getting left behind on the side of the road ;o). I know it has been part of what the Lord has been working in me these days. Today the Lord showed me through the latter circumstance that when I stay silent and just pray and worship Him, then He can move and work in my husbands life and heart. I don't have to say or do a thing unless He tells me to. He uses EVERYTHING to show us how much he loves us and is aware! (We located the "stuff" this morning -it was in the back of a park-ranger's vehicle...Brian's heart-rate monitor, bike gloves, loads of "stuff" worth some $.) The Lord is soooo kind!

I'll stop there. Too much blah for today. I'll post some pics. a bit later. Time to make dinner :0)





1 comment:

Canada to China and back! said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Congrats to your biking boy:0) That is awesome! Hopefully you post some of your preggy picts the location and experience sounds amazing!
Blessings,
Kim