I have a feeling that this is going to be a very memorable summer, with Benjamin doing swim-team (he's sooo excited to compete as a youth triathlete this year in some of the many races Daddy will be riding in), Caleb perfecting has dirt-jumping skills in prep for his competitions, and little Silas, just enjoying being the big brother that he has prayed so fervently to be.
Everyday he comments on how he can't wait to hold his little sister and how God heard his prayers. I love the way Silas so freely expresses his love for this little one already. He has since the beginning, but amazingly, as he watches my bump grow and feels her little kicks and jabs, that love is growing deeper still, and he is already 'Big Bro.' When I leave the house in the morning he'll say things like, "Good by my little girl. I love you," as he presses his cheek against my belly giving her soft kisses. Melts me every time. These two are going to have a special bond!
Today is Saturday! Thank God for the weekends. No plans-a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I'm sure the kids will get out and ride with Daddy. Isabella and I are going to order her baby shower invites today :0) God bless Linda and Treacy (and Tami who also offered her home.) I have planned on asking Linda if we could do this thing at her beautiful home in Applegate for weeks now, and before I could even get the words out she said to me, "Ya know what...right when you told me you were pregnant, I knew I was going to host this shower! Treacy and I are on it!" Wow...God already was going before us. It all makes sense. Should I be surprised? So cool, because when I pictured this thing, it was always at Linda's home. I'm squealing with excitement inside. I can't believe I am a Mommy-to-Be again! I can't believe this dream is alive in me.
My little dulcenea. My sweet little bird. Yes, I know you are in there. Let's go get some breakfast going for this crew :0)
Hugs all! Feel His love wrapped around you today. He's there, in the midst, always gently wooing us with His love.
2 comments:
It's about time I checked out this page again, daughter, and -- again -- I stand amazed at YOU and your "capacity" with words!
Well done, my dear and precious one who are currently two. Congratulations came with the daffodils, no? Just know that your Dad and I are extremely proud of YOU and who you truly are, daughter of the King!
May your love-bug, Silas, keep smooching his baby sister with all the tenderness that he is and may you keep flowing in the Love that surrounds you. There is little more to say because all you say confirms God's faithfulness and presence in our lives. Yes, indeed, God is real...so very REAL!!!
With all my love,
Your mother
Hey my friend! I always love how you blog:0) I am so excited for your little one! Only a few more weeks and you will have some pink in your world.
Hugs,
Kim
Post a Comment