Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Heights, New Depths

Haven't had much time to "journal" or "blah", as I call it, lately. I've been one busy mommy. It's good, it's good. Not the frantic kind of running in circles business, just things to do, people to see, places to go. :0) The Lord is kind to give me moments, sometimes hours, maybe even a day here and there of rest. Today happens to be one of those and what a gorgeous day it is! Sunshine, flowers, birds, house cleaning ('nesting' in this case)...my kind of bliss. The kids are off riding bikes with friends so I'm taking advantage of the time to just be with the Lord and my thoughts...and His thoughts. I have found that He is eager for these times as much as I am, and when I stop to listen to His voice...He speaks.

He has been wrapping me up lately with such sweet affirmations of His love for me. Most of you who read this thing know that I am a teacher for one of the Charter Schools here in the Sierra foothills. I express time and again how much I love what I do, and truly I do. It is my ministry and my passion to work with families in creating personalized education for their children (and that looks so different for every family I work with.) I also get to develop personal relationships with each one and that is the true blessing of this profession.

Well, I was totally blown away a couple of weeks ago when my administrator called me into his office to "chat". You get a little nervous when the boss asks you for five minutes of your time, ya know. When I sat down, he proceeded to congratulate me for being the recipient of the 2009/10 "Teacher Who Makes a Difference" award for the school/county. I completely laughed. I mean seriously. This was so hilarious to me because I work with some amazing educators and I would have never put myself in this place of honor.

What an honor it was...Brian and I were invited to an awards banquet with the superintendent, administrators, and other schools and districts in the county. It was beautiful and I was shocked....five-course meal, an introduction by my school admin., pictures, blah, blah, blah.
So, the reason I share is not to toot-toot my own horn but to give my creator such GLORY and HONOR for His amazing presence in my life. This is really about Him! He continues to surprise and delight me with affirmations of love and approval. I am His daughter in whom He delights. Now THAT I will brag about! The thing is...we ALL are!!! We are created for His glory so I just turn around and give it all back to You my Father. In You I delight, not in the praises of men.

The other morning the Lord gave me a little somethin'-somethin' that I wrote in my prayer journal that I want to share because I think it's good to declare, and I have a feeling there are plenty who need to hear it. I love it when the Lord speaks so personally like this...

"Child, let's go to new heights together. Let's soar on the wings of eagles. I want to show you things from the perspective of the heights. It's a different view up here so get ready! Trust me. I've told you I will never let go of you. I'm holding onto you so tightly. You are totally secure in my grip of GRACE! (Yes...I love that!) Hold on to me (I picture Lucy and Susan gripping Aslan's mane in there small hands as He bounds.) You're done being stuck daughter, trudging through the stuff of men, earthly circumstances, earthly perspective. I am not confined by men's thoughts or prescriptions. I've got a different dream for you. Let me show you what I see! New heights of motherhood, new heights for your marriage, new heights for ministry, new heights for friendships and relationship with Me! With new heights comes new depths. I want to deepen the capacity of your heart to see Me as I AM. I want to deepen your limited understanding of who You are in Me. I am for you. I am for you. I am for you. So climb on! Give me a chance. Let's soar together!"

And what confirmation of that word I received today from our beloved teacher at Bayside Auburn. The topic...of course...Kindle: CAPACITY! The Lord has been speaking to me for some time now to stretch wide the "capacity" of my tent. When we found out we were pregnant shortly after I knew He was speaking this to me, I was so thankful. I thought, this is it! God did it! He answered. (It certainly was a very personal confirmation of His love for me in the midst of very trying circumstances.) Well, I'm discovering with certainty that His blessing over my life does not end there. It's not like he is saying, "OK, you got what you asked for and like a good Papa I've given you the desire of your heart, now carry-on." Oh no, His desires and dreams for my life are so limitless and He wants to continue pouring into me so that I might be a vessel that can be used for His purposes. It's so exciting and, yes, there will always be more growing and life's challenges will come...but (and this was the closing scripture today, out of Ephesians 3) "I ask Him that with both feet firmly planted on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test it's length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God." Capacity!!!


1 comment:

Tami said...

Okay little Miss Humble... that's HUGE in my book! Congratulations, Gi!!!

What a great post, Gi. God's never finished with us, is He? Even when we feel like we're in our "cozy spot", He changes our "nest" and makes everything new again. He challenges us and grows us. I've seen that a lot in both of us and I'm so excited to be on this journey WITH you, my friend.

Love you!