Friday, February 5, 2010

My "Tweeties"


I have three of the "tweetest" boys on the planet and I am so thankful for the relationship that we share...each of them so unique and precious. When I first found out that we were having our first son, Caleb, I was overwhelmed with thoughts of, "Oh Lord, do you know what you are doing? I have only sisters and know nothing about the "boy species!" What joy this oldest of mine gives me. Then, we found out #2 was a boy...well, that made perfect sense to me...tweetie #1 needed a playmate, a brother. Benjamin is my sunshine boy and the most gentle tweetie. Becoming pregnant with #3 left me no doubt that God was graciously giving us our little girl. We did not find out what this one was. I just knew, this was the girl. Nope...God had another plan. Silas was our third little tweetie and he even came into this world with precious little tweets. So full of sweetness this third of ours is.
God does not make mistakes! I've discussed in previous posts about the intentionality of the Father in our lives. He is the author and finisher, and far be it for me to question His intentions for my life. His plans for me are sooooo much different than mine, but they are sooooo much better! He knew that I needed the laughter and yes, energy, of these three guys in my life. He knew that they would be part of the healing of the child in me. Each one of them gives me a different and delightful gift in who they are and they are foremost, a gift to their Father in heaven.
Tweetie #4 is our girl. This will be totally new for us, totally different and we are totally in awe of God's GRACE in our lives. This little one is sooooo loved by her big brothers already. God knew. He totally knew! My boys, I love you so much and I am so thankful for the days we get to share laughing, playing and yes, even working out the frustrations of relationship together. Forgiveness is the hallmark of this family...His love always covers, always protects, always endures. May you know, my boys, how loved, protected and covered you are...and you too little bird under my heart. Love you, love you, love you! Happy Valentines!
Mommy

No comments: