Sunday, January 31, 2010

...and the beat goes on!

Can't believe January, 2010 is already over! This first month of the year flew by for us and I'm thinking this is because there were so many dates in Jan. we looked forward to with expectancy. As far as work goes for me, it was a pretty quiet month. Things pick up this week and then we get our delightful winter break in mid-Feb. With baby coming, you can bet I've got lots and lots of projects planned between now and late May, but I'm committed to trusting God with all of the details and letting Him direct my steps.
We are all excited about baby Aoife's (Eefa's) first birthday bash this coming weekend. I talked to T. today and she plans on sending me home with a bus-load of baby gear! Rockin! This beautiful reality continues to unfold and take shape in our lives.
I've joined a new group on Tuesday's with a few of the same gals from the "Changes" group I did last year. This is a Genesis Process group and I am absolutely where I need to be. I wasn't going to do it. Linda was so gentle in giving me the space I needed to pray about where the Lord wanted me. He made it all too clear that this was a "next step" for me the Sunday before the group started, of course:0) I knew I needed to obey even though there is always some fear and trepidation at being "exposed" in front of a group of woman. Now, having been with these gals (8 of us total) for two weeks, I see God doing such an awesome thing among us already. This is hard stuff...having to look at your all too comfortable coping-behaviors and ask God to reveal His will in these areas! It means I can't blame, resent, etc., etc., etc.
Thank You Jesus for answering prayer and being outrageously in love with me :0) You never cease to amaze me with Your willingness to bring about change in my life. '
On top of this, church has been awesome!!! God has been revealing His heart to me in profound ways and He uses our pastor's messages to confirm what He speaks into me throughout the week. I love our pastor. He is transparent, honest and so precious to the Father.
The Haitian people are heavy on my heart and in my prayers these days. Sometimes I laugh...God knows that if I were in any other place in my life (besides being a wife, homeschool mom, pregnant woman) I would be on a plane and there baby! I can't be there, so I pray and pray and pray! Sometimes the Lord is so specific about who/what He wants me to pray for...the orphans, the children, a mother, a father. I know God hears and someday I will be able to meet the ones that He gives me a burden for.
That's it for now. Busy week ahead, but always thankful that the Lord goes before me.

No comments: