In the mean time, we are back to the books, hitting them hard. Silas moaned about vacation being over today. I admit, I did too. I'm thankful, though, that we started the semester with a gorgeous, sunny day. I even opened a couple of windows to let in some fresh air and it felt soooo good to not be all bundled up.
We are off and running into 2010. Spent the New Year with dear friends up at Tahoe Donner. They recently purchased a vacation home and we so enjoyed being invited along to partake of the blessing. They always bless us like this and it is such a treat for the kiddos. God provides in so many awesome ways. Uncle Rick built all of the kids an amazing downhill toboggan track on the backside of their property. Now, mind you, I'm not talking some wimpy little track that you climb 20 feet and then slide down and it's over before you can blink. We're talking, professional engineering, luge turns, banks around trees, fast, fun, neighborhood kids begging to come and ride, kind of track. What a BLAST for the kids (and dads). I wanted to try it out soooo bad but cannot put baby-bundle at risk of course.
It was a very sweet time of friendship and relaxation. We love this family so much. They have been in our lives since we were married (Bri's best friend from H.S., more like a brother.)
Well, I have a feeling that next time I post I will be revealing some very delightful news. Are we having a boy or a girl? Any bets? Should we take a poll? Stay tuned!!!
3 comments:
I'm still bettin' on that extra place setting at the table for tea. :0) I know either way... this little blessing will bring all kinds of smiles and joy to many hearts.
Hugs!
EEEK! I am so excited for you Gina! We found out with our 3rd that she was a girl, and I panicked! I thought I know what to do with boys, but a girl really? :) We will be praying that he/she is healthy and whole and safe!
Hugs,
Kim
And I hope to be there bright and early on Monday...As the gramma it is only fitting that this miracle be seen with one's very own eyes! How many opportunities like this does one get??? This may be our last grandchild, for heaven's sakes. I do, indeed, hope to be there!
Hugs all round, Holbrook Family!
Gramma
Post a Comment