The big day has come and gone, always so quickly it passes. I'm sitting here now this morning after taking a run (though they are a bit slower now that I am four months preggy) through the creek bottom. The boys rode their bikes along with daddy and it felt so good to be outside with all the smells of the chill of morning...fresh and crisp.
Now I sit and gather my thoughts after the hustle and bustle of Christmas day. Daddy and the boys are going to "the jumps" and I have some quiet time. So I put on my new Steven Curtis Chapman CD, Beauty Will Rise, and immediately I feel the anointing of the incredible songs that have sprung from the pain of what this family has experienced in losing their little Maria in 2008. It 's the sobering reality of the pain the inflicts the lives of so many this time of year...and really, isn't that all of us? We all carry the scars and battle wounds of living in this fallen world. None of us are strangers to it. But as I sit here and listen to the words of these songs, though my heart feels the weight, I also cry because of the glorious hope that God is whispering to me through them. All of these songs touch the soul in a very deep place.
"When you think you've hit the bottom, and the bottom gives way. And you fall into a darkness no words can explain. You don't know how you'll make it out alive. JESUS will meet you there...whatever road this life takes you down, JESUS will meet you there. He knows the way to wherever you are. He knows the way to the depths of your heart. He knows the way 'cause He's already been where you're going. JESUS will meet you there..."
These are such words of life and hope!!! Praise God, we are not left alone in our guilt, shame or sadness. The Father comes and says to each of us, "I am with you! Emmanuel! I came and walked this road before you and I will meet you there!!!!"
I just have to say today to my Daddy God, Papa, I love you! Thank you Papa, thank you for not leaving me to despair in my sin. Thank you for loving me enough to carry it all to the cross. Thank you for being with me through the darkest hours of my life when it seemed all hope was lost and that I was a lost cause. Help me to carry that hope to anyone you want me to. I love you JESUS and may Christmas be alive in our hearts today and forever!
As for Steven's CD...I have never heard anything like it before. Beauty Will Rise!!!
UNTAMED TOUR ON SALE TODAY!
6 years ago
1 comment:
Hey! I got the same CD in my stocking from my lovingest husband :) I haven't even opened it yet! I will have to do that now! You are so right about our Heavenly Father walking the road we are travelling on! Sometimes thats the only thing that gets me through! We are soo blessed he sent his one and only son for us! Downhere has an amazng song that totally says it all. "How many Kings have step down from their thrones? How many lords have abandoned their homes? How many greats have become the least of these? How many Gods have poured out their hearts? To romance a world that is torn all apart. How many Fathers gave up their sons for me? Only One did that for me!" I love reading your blog! Your are such a light in this world Gina!
All of Gods Best,
Kim
Post a Comment