Well, my Canadian friend :0)...got down to the doctor's office this morning, very anxious and excited to take a peek at this wee one, walk up to the check-in and the gal tells me, "That will be $125.00." I thought she was joking. After all, isn't that why we have insurance? Not for the gender identification ultrasound apparently. Sadly, when the doctor scheduled us for this ultrasound a month ago, she failed to express to us that this one was
not on the insurance company because it is not a
mandatory screening (as is the 20 month). So, I called my honey, who was meeting me there, and we both agreed that we could wait another 4 weeks. It would be a bit foolish for us to fork out $125.00 right now. We ended up at Starbucks laughing about, yet, another "wait"! It made us giggle and then, it made us reflect on our adoption wait. How long has it been? 3 years and counting! We prayed for our babes unborn.
Not surprisingly, I ended my day yesterday with a devotion on waiting. I ran back to it when I got home from the ultrasound that "almost was" :0) Here's what spoke to me:
"And when the mountaintop is a long way off, encourage us by Your people and Your loving presence. During the "waits", help us to learn what You're trying to teach us. And no matter how slow things seem, help us to remember that even though You keep a different kind of clock (2 Pet. 3:8), Your will is being accomplished speedily (Ps. 1147: 15)."
So, on that note, we will just continue to bless the Lord and thank Him for His daily provision and for each step of the climb!
Stay tuned...next ultrasound scheduled for early Jan. :0)
3 comments:
I love your posts my precious cousin and find strength through your writing♥♥♥I am so happy for you and your family! Suz
Oh, how amazing is our Heavenly Father, that He would give you that devotion to read yesterday? You are such a Light, and what faith you have! I was reading a very similar devotion yesterday. "That we need to believe right now, God is arranging things in our favor."Psalm 121:1-8 When I hear your faith it inspires me to be stronger and know that He has a good and perfect plan for those that loves Him!!! He is fighting battles for us right now, He's making our crooked places straight, and we may not see it come to pass today,but everyday we live with faith and expectancy brings us one day closer to seeing it come to pass! Thanks for being so full of wisdom and more importantly JOY!!!! I will continue to pray for both of your sweet babies.
Blessings,
Kim
Hummm...WHAT Psalm was THAT??? Eagle-eye Dad spotted it, obviously and we both laughed but also consider that there probably were over 1,000 written; just not kept!!!
We know that you are definitely learning to WAIT and we also know that God is in control and this little one's gender is determined. Nothing will change that!
Looking forward to seeing you very soon!
Love you all!
Dad and Mom
Post a Comment