Valentine's Day is upon us this Sunday and I will be resting and playing with my sweet family and thinking about how God has poured out His LOVE on us... and to whom much has been given..much is required. So, LOVE becomes a verb!
Here's what the Message Bible says about LOVE:
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swollen head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
LOVE NEVER DIES!
Wow! I have seen much of this scripture played out in my marriage this past year. Some people know our story, some don't. That's not what matters. It is our redemption story, and it is how God allowed everything that we thought we "were" as a couple, as individuals, to be ripped from us, so that He could give us a new point of view, new life and new love...with God as our three-chord strand. He is in the process of healing us, teaching us and transforming us.
Our love looks very different than it did 10 years ago, 5 year ago, 2 years ago. I'm so thankful that God does not allow us to stagnate. Well, I guess that is also a choice, but He sees the heart and He so desires to see us healed from our wounds.
On that note, to my sweet Valentine, my husband, I just want to publicly express to you how thankful I am for your LOVE (as described above:0) I know the road has been difficult and at times so painful that giving up seemed the only logical choice...but you didn't. You have allowed the Father to set you apart and have loved me through some of the ugliest times of our life. As we continue down the path of healing, it becomes more clear every day that this isn't just our story, this a story of His Redeeming Love...and it's the same love that He has for a hurting and broken world. We have been given so much! I can't believe that our precious Isabella Grace is part of this story! How He loves us! How I love you! Happy Valentine's Day B.
No comments:
Post a Comment