On the way home, I zipped into Starbucks for my GTL and behold...another jazzer-gal from the past. I say another, because earlier this morning I was on the phone with a realtor who recognized my name and we were delighted to connect again. I did jazzercise (LOL) with her at least 8 years ago. Wow, God is soooo intentional. Sooooo...here is this beautiful blond in front of me, looking me in the eye and saying, "Oh Gina! How are you?!" I'm looking at her and then I made the connection. Jazzercise! Yup, eight years ago.
The conversation was so open and honest and easy. She shared with me about a very difficult situation she is facing right now and how life has turned out so different than what she thought it would be. Her whole world was turned upside down last fall and she was struggling to pick up the pieces. She is in the unraveling process and I could see the pain underneath her smile.
Sometimes the Lord gives us these moments to be vulnerable and real with our sisters, and if we let them pass us by and refuse to obey the Spirit's promptings, then that one in front of us could miss out on something God wants to give them. We are His hands and feet!
It's in these moments when I sense His presence so near. I remember a song that Michael Card sang so long ago. "Every time a faithful servant serves a brother (or sister) that's in need, what happens at that moment is a miracle indeed." He becomes the bridge between two hearts and He provides the ministry, and He provides just what that heart needs at that very moment.
I promised the Lord that I would never run from the opportunity for Him to use the pain of what my husband and I went through in our marriage a few years ago to bring hope and healing to another. It's not easy (although it's becoming much easier as I soak in the reality of the cross daily!) It's not something I intentionally set out to do on any given day, but on any given day He can use me as He sees fit.
For this one I pray today. Lord, touch her deeply Father. Make Your love for her so tangible, so close and so intimate. I know the temptation is to doubt Your purpose, Your plan for her life, Your promises. Restore to her the years the locusts have eaten Jesus. Remind her of the precious flower that she is to You. You are not finished. She is not finished. Surprise her with Your goodness Father. Heal her broken heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment