Friday, July 15, 2011

A Quiet Time Out

The moments He gives us to steal away are rare treasures, and we can choose not to. I'm constantly running circles around this house, doing dishes, cleaning floors, laundry, dirty bathrooms...and finally, when I'm tired of unraveling the mess I finally escape to my room where I plop down on the bed. I can almost hear my weary bones sigh. She's resting, finally!

It's time for 'A Holy Experience' ;). Time out! I need to rest my mind on the Lover of my Soul. I need to let Him quiet me with His love and restore me to peace. Only He can know what this child needs...deep yearnings. Deep calls to deep.

I reflect on the blessings surrounding me. I love the summer-time outs. Cool, quiet mornings rolling into warm days of children's laughter. A camping trip around the corner. Everyone is so ready! Let's get away. Let's sleep outside and smell the pines and gaze at stars and fall into dreams together. Let's not have a single plan, but just allow the day to unfold out of His hand, to us.




No comments: