Summer time = the best time! It has been so lovely being able to shed some of the responsibilities of the school year and do whatever, whenever! This past weekend we took off for Dad and Mom's in Reno and had such a wonderful time with them. Brian raced Downieville on Saturday, so he joined us later that eve. During the day we ventured off with Grams and Gramps to Pyramid Lake which is on a reservation about 25 miles NE of Reno. One word, blah! It was so ugly and desolate and weird. Not a place any of us care to return, and it ended up being the joke of the weekend. We stayed long enough to eat lunch and then high-tailed it back to Sparks Marina where the kids enjoyed a bit of time in the water while Grandma, Belle and I cooled off under a gazebo of shade. So, Saturday was interesting, but Sunday was another story all together.
We headed out for Sand Harbor late morning which is just a hop, skip and jump over the Mt. Rose Summit and down into the Tahoe Basin. Mom and Dad are in a prime location! Their house sits in the foothills of Mt. Rose, just below Galena. It's such a jewel of a location for them. I couldn't believe how crazy gorgeous the drive over the mountain was. It reminded B and I of our trek through the Wasatch Mts. in Utah about 6 years ago. This was a part of Tahoe we have yet to explore. Tahoe Rim Trail, Flume Trail, Tahoe Meadows...they all converge here...and the view! Oh wow! We took a few pictures and I'll post those.
The day was so special and it's times like these that make me feel like God is sprinkling my little life with heaven's joys. We spent all day on the beach, playing and laughing. At the close of the day we all licked on some delicious dipped ice-cream cones and decided to finish off at a pizza place at Incline called Tomaato's. Delicious! A perfect way to end our time with Grandma and Grandpa. We love them so much. They are two of the most supportive and loving people you could know. Always generous in their love and care of their family and when we leave them, I always go through withdrawals for about a day or two. Thankfully they are not far, and we are happy to visit their new place!
Now it's time to get focused on training/running for the half in Sept. I am so excited about this race. Running is something I love to do and Lake Tahoe is my favorite place to be, so this worked out exceptionally well. My friend Jennifer, who is a fellow ES at another Charter School in the area will be my race partner. So stoked about this. She also happens to be Chuck's girlfriend, who is Brian's good friend from work and co-mtb racer. The cool thing to me, being the sentimental gal I am, is that the race begins at Rubicon Bay, which is our "now" place in Tahoe, and ends at Pope Beach, which is a place of memories and my yesterdays in Lake Tahoe. So cool!
On that note, I'm off running! The evenings are the most convenient, quietest and coolest times to train up here. Bella's in bed and the boys are occupied. Next stop, Fallen Leaf Lake Camping...the other side of Tahoe, and the Holbrook family :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment