Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Walking With Caleb

Sometimes the Lord gifts us with opportunities to build relationship with our children. I was so blessed yesterday to "walk" with my oldest. He wanted to bike to one of his buddies house. I planned on going for a run. He gave me a hug and rode off ahead of me...but I noticed something...he was using his feet to brake down the hill. Of course, my mama instincts honed in on this and I called him back to me. "What's up with your brakes?" His response..."I need a new one. Dad needs to fix it." My Caleb is a very skilled biker, but I am not a stupid mother, so I explained to him that if he was going to be on a road, with cars, it's a no-go. Thankfully he did not put up a fight. I know...shocker...right? He decided he would ride back to the house, put away his bike, and walk with his mommy.

Well, it was a divine appointment. We had such a sweet, sweet time together. I love this child so. He is such a delight to converse with, laugh with, observe with. God was giving me an early Mother's Day gift and it was most precious to my heart. I will never forget it. We chit-chatted our way up and down hills and then, when it was time to part...he gave me such a hug and an "I Love You Mom." I am so BLESSED. I treasure my relationships with all of my kids. They are all so unique and sweet.

I've been praying very specific things for my sons lately and the Lord is so faithful to reveal that He is at work in their young lives. He will never let them go! They have been bought with a price...a greatest price. What a kiss from the Father to this mother's heart.

2 comments:

iLoveMyKids said...

What a precious moment and yes, he's an awesome gift from God as you are to him also... and to so many... Thanks for sharing your blessings!

Patricia said...

Amen to what "iLoveMyKids" said, daughter! AMEN!

What a blessing to have had "precious moments" with your sweet Caleb. How he's growing!

We all know he will be a "man of God" and hold fast to his faith even as it is tested and crunched down by life..."Train up a child in the way he should go..." You have planted the seeds and Caleb will reap the harvest to the glory of God!

I love you, mama of my youngest granddaugther and grandsons 3!

Mom