Thursday, July 8, 2010

What a Week!

Ben takes to the wake!
Sporty K.K.
Si and Colby
Catch of the Day!
Daddy and Isabella in deep conversation
Benjamin and Aoife (Eefa)

Si and Sophia

Well, we're home from a week of family and friends. We went up to Susanville for a visit to my sister's last week. It was good to see her new place. Though I've not much to say about the town of Susanville itself...except, "gag"...her home is very sweet and tucked up above town not far from Eagle Lake and it is beautiful. Dad and Mom were there as were Tina and her wee ones. I don't know what exactly to blog about this part of our journey this past week. I'm still sincerely seeking the Holy Spirit's council as to what even transpired up there. Without going into detail, it was not pretty...the whole family dynamic thing. In fact, it was downright weird and at some points, ugly! I know we all have family dynamics and I also know that sometimes families go through challenging times...I guess it would suffice to say that this was a very challenging time for our family. The highlights up there were Brian, nephew Jacob and the boy's fabulous fish outing the morning of the 4th. They all came home with 19-21 inch rainbow trout out of Eagle Lake. They were in heaven!

Left Maria's place at around 7:00 on the 4th...(no fireworks this year, except what we caught over Donner Lake on the way in) and headed back down-state to Tahoe-Donner to stay with our sweet friends, the Paradas. Here we just all took a deep breath and let go of all of the mayhem of the past days and finally relaxed! They have a gorgeous home up there that is easy to relax in and Shelly is a big sister that the Lord has blessed me with and I'm thankful for our friendship.

The boys went out on the boat and did some wake boarding on Tuesday and Weds. I sat on the beach with Bella and made some observations about the families on the beach...I'll keep those to myself :0) It was downright HOT up there early in the week. On Weds. the highlight was taking Caleb on a walk/talk. He ended up with a brook trout at the creek by Rick and Shel's and I sat and nursed Bella with the sound of the creek reminding me that Jesus is there in the the stillness and simplicity of His creation. Left the Parada's on Weds. eve. It was hard to leave. We feel so comfortable with them and blessed to share in such kinship.

Settling back in and Brian will return to work on Saturday...another sigh! I have about 3 weeks until I plug back in with new families and then meetings start in mid-August. We are still waiting to see how God is going to provide the finances to get my transmission fixed. Until then, my car sits in the drive. I have to say one good thing about that...having no car to go here and there is keeping me down and home, and though my kids are frustrated by it, I'm kind-of liking it. It just means a bit more planning around Bri's schedule.

In closing this post, I have been praying about what to do regarding the weekend madness with my fam. This is what the Lord gave me last night out of one of my devotionals, On the High Road to Surrender: "My wisdom will come to you child, when you become quiet. Anxiety places the soul in stress. Any response to darkness closes the door to revelation. Clear guidance comes when all the demands of the ego are silenced. The strivings of your own heart will be as out of harmony with my Spirit as the evil you wish to combat. This is why scripture says, "Resist not evil." The thrust is ineffective because the action is negative.

You cannot correct the crooked path of another, but you can let me show you how to make a straight path of your own. The straight path will lead into light, but the crooked path will gather darkness and lead only to confusion. -it goes on but I will stop there. The scripture is Matt. 5:29 and I know God was speaking to me regarding the situation.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Can't wait for tea time tomorrow!

Love you, Gi....