Monday, July 12, 2010

The Heavens Declare

A favorite summer past time of the Holbrook boys...sleeping out on the deck under the stars on a summer night. There is something to be said about the night sky in Foresthill. From our deck we have a 360 degree view of the most incredible show on earth. I was just out there with them saying our bedtime prayers and we were awed by the magnificence of the heavens. Star upon star...so vast, so numerous and so glorious. God knows each of them by name and is intimately acquainted with His creation. How much more He cares for us. Why should I worry or be anxious about anything. He is my GOD. He is my CREATOR. He formed me in my mother's womb. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Why would I let the enemy tell me any different. Thank you God tonight for my children who remind me to laugh, for Your creation that reminds me of Your Power and Might, and for summer nights on the deck that remind me to have faith like a child.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Isn't it such a blessing to live in a place where we get daily reminders of these things?

God is so good....