Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fallen Leaf Lake

Me and my guys!

Caleb and Dad hit the lake in their belly-boats...what a gorgeous morning!

Mt. Tallac rises over Fallen Leaf Lake

Campfire Fun!

Don't choke on the mallow Silas!

"The Littlest Camper!"

I'm so thankful for the times when we can escape to "higher ground"!  You all know how significant Lake Tahoe is for our family.  We didn't get to enjoy our typical week stay at the Lake this year but we were able to steel away this weekend.  Something new for us...a camp-out at Fallen Leaf Lake.  We were prepared for some serious High Sierra summer thunderstorms but God blessed us instead with beautiful weather!   The storms stayed on the east side of Lake Tahoe.  This was Bella's first camping trip and she was a peach.  She loves to be outside.  Our campsite was right off of Taylor Creek, so the sound of the water running kept her sedate...me too :0)!  Oh, what a place.  God's country!

We did a little of this and a little of that...fishing, walking, ice-cream at Camp Richardson of course, Pope Beach, and for the boys...the fly-shop at South Shore!  It was a simple and sweet time as a family.  Thank You Father once again for Your provision.  We needed this!
Now Benjamin is gearing up for some time with Daddy this weekend as they head out for a "Passport to Purity" weekend up at the Carson River (above Tahoe).  Benjamin is soooo excited to hang-out with Dad in such a way.  This has become a right-of-passage for our boys and it is an awesome way for father and son to bond and move into a new level of relationship.  My little Benjamin is such a treasure and I have no doubt that this experience will be a blessing for my husband who loves his guys with all of his heart.  It's a teaching time and a relationship time for them.  Ben is such a joy to be around.  I'm a bit jealous.  Silas is next in line for this trip.  I'll have to wait my turn with Bella ;0) but you can bet we won't be going to the Carson River...or maybe we will.  Ha!  I can just see us with our pink fishing poles all geared up for a river trip.
Sad to say that summer is winding down and I am starting to refocus...school!  Ugh!  It won't be long now and we'll be in full swing.  I'm trying to ease into a routine, especially since nursing adds another big element to my schedule.  Isabella will have to get used to feeding bottle and breast in short order.  I always look back at these times and know that it was God who got me through!  It's amazing what we mothers can accomplish...with His hand on our lives...even though there are days I feel like I'm going coo-coo!  Those are days of extra GRACE!  

1 comment:

Cyndi and Dean James said...

Hi Gina...
I am Cyndi James, I saw you tonight at the yogurt shop Downtown Auburn. I just wanted to stop by and say hi. It was nice finally meeting you and your beautiful family and your lovely parents. If you want to checkout our website it is... www.cd2alicyn.com
I don't update it that often. Only around our LIDversary's. If you would like to email me, our email address is: cdjames10@sbcglobal.net
Hugs..
Cyndi James
Waiting for Alicyn Shea
LID 10/24/06