Wow...what a crazy time for us. More transitioning as school starts for everyone. I am officially "plugged in". Started meetings with families this week and will be up in Truckee on Monday for the first staff meeting of the year. The family will be coming with me...a day on the lake...and that way Brian can bring the baby to me when she needs to mangia!
The boys are actually really looking forward to school starting. They need something to do and they enjoy being with their buddies. Their co-op is a three day/week program. So I will have them on Weds. and Friday. The schedule works out well for us. I enjoy home schooling and I love having the boys at home, but I also need a break from the craziness (as do they) so it will be good for everyone!
Baby girl is almost three months old! That is unbelievable. She is sleeping through the night now (hallelujah!) and is quite a little chatter-bug. We're still working on the first giggle. Apparently she has been working on her poker-face(s) as well. We had no idea we gave birth to a little card shark! She was sitting in Daddy's lap the other day while he played cards with the boys and I couldn't resist taking these pics. We were laughing so hard.
On a more serious note, our financial situation, as well as many that we know, has me very reflective these days. Instead of going into "poor me"mode, I am praying for daily reminders of how much I have to be thankful for. I think about families who really have next to nothing right now...no job, no home, no food for their children...and I am quickly humbled and reminded to thank God for my healthy, vibrant kids, my amazing job and the fact that my family is not hungry! It could always be worse. I think I'll pull out that children's book and read it to the kids tonight! Great message. I know God will provide, somehow. He has never failed us and we are continually asking for His wisdom and peace in our home right now as we wait for the provision to come.
We're taking the boys fishing tomorrow at French Meadow's Lake just to escape for the day. Hugs to all!
-G
No comments:
Post a Comment