Saturday, June 26, 2010

Days Go By

Our little Isabella Grace is a month old...already...and summer is zipping by at lightening speed. As a family, I think we feel like our summer has just begun. We are finally getting out and enjoying the time together. With all of the transitions that hit us at once, it has taken a while to feel myself, quite honestly. Definitely have had some hormonal adjustments, schedule adjustments, and I'm finally hitting the bricks again! My body is finally at a point where I feel as though it can move again without "things" giving me problems. Oh, it feels so good to exercise. I am so not good without my daily workout. I thank God daily that I have a body that can move...what a gift! The one thing that has been the most dramatic change for me is having to time everything...feedings, sleeping, bathing, going grocery shopping. Phew...quite an exhausting element, but it's all coming back to me. It's funny, the memories that have been surfacing lately. I'm constantly saying to the guys, "I remember when/how...!"

On another note, my precious Auntie Kitsie passed this past week. The funeral was yesterday in Sonoma and I was sad not to be able to attend with the family. I think it would have been a bit too much for Bella as of yet. Mom gave me the run-down this morning and said it was a beautiful time of memories and family love. This woman was soooooo LOVED by all! She was known in Sonoma as "The Walking Lady!" What a woman and what an influence she had in my life. I will always hear her thick Romanian accent ringing in my head when I think of her...and funny...oh my gosh, sooooo funny! She had a hilarious honesty about her and could have my sisters and I in stitches. She loved to dance and was relentless in her passion for living! She leaves behind a very RICH legacy of laughter, love and life. I just want to mention that I received a package from her and my Auntie Lynn for Isabella a few weeks ago...it was a beautiful pink knit sweater and one of the last that she was able to make. I feel so blessed and will cherish it always! My love and prayers go out to my cousins and family. She will be missed but I know that she is rejoicing now and reunited with so many who have gone before...including the love of her life, my Uncle Paul. We will meet again on the other side!

Life for the Holbrooks will pick up speed through July as we prepare for trips to see my sister up north, friends at Donner Lake, bike races, Sugar Pine treks, Tahoe and even some fishing trips planned. We continue to practice the art of being an effective family for God's kingdom. Of course, this starts in our own hearts and trickles out to each other and then, ultimately, out of our home and into the world. My prayer is always, that we would be able to run to forgiveness and mercy towards one another and claim God's direction for our family. His Word says, "If you are faithful to me, I will be faithful to you!" May we NEVER forget His faithfulness in our lives, even when the daily challenges of life seem to weigh down on us. How beautiful, when we turn to Him for our strength!

By the way...Brian won the championship for his Folsom race series...Ben took third in his division (against 14 year olds I might add!) You go dudes!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Sweet header, Gi! Personally though... I think the world wide web needs to see more of beautiful Bella's face.... Well, I know at least I DO! :0) Can't wait to see you again soon and squeeeeze the girl.

Love you...