Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 40!!!!

This is it...the big 40! I cannot believe that 40 weeks of pregnancy have raced by so quickly. I think we are all ready at this point. Brian tells Isabella daily that he is so ready for her to make her grand entrance into the family. I'm ready to lose the watermelon and feel like I can breathe again!...and of course kiss all over this precious little miracle. Silas told me in the car this morning that he's going to have a "new distraction" (his words) in a few days.

Brian and I kept busy this weekend with further preparations and home improvement projects...more painting, pulling carpet and moving furniture. I am so excited to have this new carpet in downstairs so that we can get everyone in their proper place :0). If you know me then you can imagine how unorganized I feel looking around my house and seeing bedroom furniture in the living room. Lowe's called this morning and Brian had a word with the manager. You know, it's always some delay, someone forgot to do this or that. Installation has now been moved to next Tuesday. OK-so I can deal with the pandemonium for another week.
I'm fighting a headache today...too much looking up at the ceiling with the paint roller...me aching neck muscles! I'm giving myself liberty today to totally CHILL! Caleb has open-house tonight and we'll go see the end-of-the-year play. He's finished with co-op tomorrow. Looks like we'll have a few more days of 'wet' and then the sun is supposed to hang around for a while. Bring it on!!!!

The lavender is in full bloom this week and it is pouring over the hill on the side of the house. It grows right outside of Isabella's room (oooh that sounds so cool to say) and the rocker will be positioned just so that I can gaze out on it while we nurse and worship! Soooo beautiful and I'm thankful that deer do not eat it! They eat everything else I try to grow, even if the nursery assures me that they don't like it. The deer around here are not typical! They will eat just about anything that is green...oh, except weeds of course ;0)

Have to add that church was amazing yesterday. We had a guest speaker from the Courage House, which is an organization that helps children and youth who are victims of the horror of sexual exploitation escape and restore. The kids actually sat through this one with us and I'm so glad that they did because it opened up really deep conversation. They are at an age where we feel it is very important that they gain sight of the fact that there are millions of children around the world that don't get to wake up from a comfortable nights sleep, to a warm breakfast, warm hugs and a day filled with hope. They were really engaged in listening to the speaker. Caleb made note that she had a lot of energy (and love) just like Karen Wright...one of my kids favorite people in the world. "That's Jesus!" I said. She told us her story of starting Courage House and then used the story of Gideon to point us to the truth that God hears our complaints and is genuinely concerned with our affairs, BUT...He is pointing to us and saying, "You, be the one!" She led us on her journey of faith and trust...that God was going to do what He said and more!!!! Boy, could Brian and I relate to that! It's such a journey of believing, surrender, and moving forward in obedience, trusting that God will move on our behalf when the timing is right...and He gets all of the glory! (I know...I tell this story over and over again, but it's our testimony and I can't keep quiet about it!)

Next appointment is Weds. I'm anxious to see where everything stands with our Isabella. Will post!

1 comment:

Canada to China and back! said...

Anytime now! How exciting! You sound like you have been really busy nesting:0) Oh how I love lavendar, we use to have some in our little garden on Vancouver Island.... I miss that:0)
Your guest speaker sounded amazing, I always love it when my kids "get it" Well I'll be sending prayers your way for you and your sweet family.
Hugs,
Kim