I know...I just posted yesterday, but I can't help myself. My heart is so full of thanksgiving tonight. I feel the day drawing closer and there are moments when I just want to burst. I have this joy pulsing through my veins and my heart feels like it's going to burst with the anticipation of holding this gift in our arms for the first time. I'm so excited about the whole birth experience. I'm an epidural gal, in case y'all are wondering. I go in with my veins prepped, ready to relax and enjoy the experience. Caleb was my "natural" birth baby and I'm sorry, but "natural" is the farthest thing from natural that I have ever experienced and I was happy to request an epidural with Benjamin...Silas was the intrathecal. I'm good with either. The intrathecal was cool because it took the edge off just enough that I still felt the urge to push, still had to breathe through contractions. I will opt for that again if the anesthesiologist obliges. Found out from my doctor that it really depends on who you get on staff at the time of delivery. Some will do intrathecal and others go straight to the epi. It's all good!
I've washed all of her clothes (still waiting to put them in her room of course...the carpet wait), but I go back and smell them at least five times a day. They smell like baby. Yummy! I think we're set as far as what she will need these first few months of life. God provided for every need...crib, bedding, my beautiful BOB Revolution (pink and brown of course :0) that I can't wait to get out and jog with, and so much more. I still have my sights set on the Oct. marathon in San Luis Obispo.
So...the end of another day. Tonight is the BL finale! Woooo-hoooo! Caleb has wrapped up his 7th grade year at co-op and it's time to focus on building those jumps! It's pouring down rain at the moment...keeping my lavender in bloom for at least another week or so :0) I'm looking forward to settling down this evening with a good book and snuggling with my boys.
Side note: Silas decided that today was the day that he was going to pack his hospital bag! Is that not the cutest thing? He feels it. We all feel it. He's ready for his little sister, I'm telling you!
No comments:
Post a Comment