Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day By Day

Does anyone remember that song? "Day by Day, Day by Day...Oh dear Lord, three things I pray...to see thee more clearly, love thee more dearly, follow thee more nearly...Day by day." I think it was from the screenplay 'Godspell' or some groovy play from the 70's. I remember putting the record on when I was about 8 or 9 and dancing around the living room to it.
Anyhow...that's pretty much how I'm taking the end of this pregnancy journey...day by day. I'm savoring every bump and roll that I feel and trying to enjoy the last days of this miracle so alive inside of me. I've always described pregnancy as carrying around Christmas for nine months...that excitement and anticipation of the wait. We're about to open our gift and I can't express the sweet sense of wonder that evades our home right now. "When?" is the big question on everyone's mind. When will our Promise of Grace make her grand entrance into our lives?

My prayer these last few weeks has been, "Order my steps each day Lord and prepare my heart and body for our baby Isabella." People keep asking me if I'm ready. I don't quite know how to respond. I'm as ready as any woman can be who has been carrying for nine months. I know she will come when it is "time" and only the Father knows when that is. I trust His timing and know that it will be perfect. So thankful that she stayed put through the storm of the accident a few weeks ago, which has allowed us to really get grooving on things that needed to be done around the house. I feel ready. I know the boys are ready. Brian is funny...he keeps telling her to stay in mommy until Thursday...vacation roll-over :0) Then he can start his leave. I think he's going to have to wait at least another week.

My appointment was today, but that was interrupted by an emergency C-Section that my doctor had to perform. No biggy...I don't think my dilation has changed...probably still 3cm and holding. I rescheduled for next Weds. Any bets on if she'll arrive before then? :0)
Maybe I should do a baby-poll.

The boys were in a talent show at school this eve. It was really sweet. Ben and Caleb did guitar solos. All of the kiddos were just great. The school year wraps up next week for them...with a lot of goings-on. I can't believe we have reached the end. Caleb will be an 8th grader next year. Ben will be in 6th and Si in 4th. Impossible! Well, I have all summer to swallow that reality.
Thanking God for the time we will have to bond with Isabella...all of us...Daddy too :0)
That's all for tonight! Had the urge to write and now I have the urge to rest! Hugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She'll be here before we know it, precious Gina, our ISABELLA GRACE...and I have to chuckle at the word "evade" in this posting because that's one you all definitely DO NOT do!!! May the love God has poured over you all "invade" every pore and space of your beings over there in Foresthill land!

We see the MIRACLE and marvel at the wonders of our God...seen in and through YOU!!! God is soooooo good and in Psalm 36 we are told, "How priceless is Your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of Your wings. They feast on the abundance of Your house; You give them drink from Your river of delights. For with You is the fountain of life; in Your Light we see light."

You, dearest daughter, reside under the shadow of His wings...safely nestled in His great arms of love!

With all our love,
Mom and Dad