
This morning was much like the last 8 months of mornings...waking to the coos and goos of baby-girl, nursing, making breakfasts, preparing for the days list of to-do's. Thankfully, I'm not rushing out the door this morning. I have time to stop and rest awhile, and I'm thankful for these mornings. The sun is bursting over the hills and it sprays golden on the trees and in through my kitchen window and sliding-glass. It fills my home with warmth.
The boys are up now and they are laughing hysterically about something over there on the couch. Baby-girl is wildly bouncing up and down in her saucer and entertaining her brothers, apparently. We will start school soon, but before we do I want to be filled up like the sun fills my house. I don't want to go through this day waiting to close my eyes again at the end of it all, exhausted and mean. I get so mean when I'm tired. My prayer this morning is that God would give me the grace to take in each moment as a gift and listen to the sounds of family-life with new ears. I know that He is in our midst and I want to laugh with Him today and feel everything there is to feel. I know He is saying, "Let me fill you today like the light of the sun fills your home!"
No comments:
Post a Comment