Sunday, February 20, 2011

Divine Appointments

Divine appointments are all around us, if we have eyes to see them. I'm always amazed how God orchestrates an encounter, a meeting, a sacred moment in time. Typically I walk away, and only then does the realization sweep over me...that was God...and I'm filled with a sense of knowing...that He is so present in every moment, in every breath, and He knows me...deep, intimate, fully.

Last night our friend Chuck came over for dinner with his gal whom we were meeting for the first time. Chuck is one of Brian's riding partners and co-workers. He has been somewhat of a coach for my husband (mtb racing) and an inspiration. He was the one who Brian rode all the way around Lake Tahoe with...twice, very athletic, very dedicated. We love Chuck! The kids love Chuck...and we pray for Chuck. He has a story-don't we all! We all carry broken dreams, broken promises. Chuck carries a heart full of desires...to be loved, cared for, held. We've met a couple of his girl-friends in the past, but have always prayed that God would bring him a woman who knows the Light of Life, who could be a living testimony of what happens when HE invades a life.

All of that to say, last night was a Divine Appointment. Through my door last eve walks this beautiful, tall blonde with a smile as bright as day. I was open to whatever this night had in store, but I was not expecting this! Bella is an easy conversation piece so our talking was natural and comfortable from the start. She has three children, is an ES for another CA charter school (lots in common there) and she has her own story. Whenever God opens a door to go deep into the heart of one of His children I feel completely blessed and it is a Holy thing! We sat for two hours and poured into one another - our stories, our broken places, our healing, our Hope, who is the Lord. I'm laughing to myself at the moment, because honestly, we kind of forgot that the guys were there. They were talking biking, and here we were, hidden in the Shelter of His Presence, sharing deep places and deep understanding. Like I said, it was Holy!
Only Almighty God could orchestrate such a thing and I saw the answer to many prayers for our Chucky ;) He is a precious man and we know that God is using Jen to open new understanding for Chuck and we pray that his eyes would be open to the reality of Jesus.

There is much more I could share, but it is a new day and I'm looking out my bedroom window...it is a gorgeous Sunday morning. Everything is clean and crisp from two days of snow and rain. I'm yearning for adventure. We're going for a drive with the family and who knows what Divine Appointments await today!


No comments: