Finally had, what I would call, a weekend of rest! Sooooo needed! The weeks are so full and I was thankful to have a couple of days just doing what came naturally. We found ourselves at a new "Gathering Place" (church) on Sunday with Linda and her honey sitting next to us (Happy Anniversary you two:0)! It was such a sweet time...I thought those words would never come out of my mouth again in regards to "church", but it really was. It was actually like a mini marriage conference. The kids loved it. I hate bouncing the kids around but God graciously seems to always go before us on this issue and He speaks to the kids (and through the kids) in ways that astound me. Benjamin, of course, can't wait to go back. Caleb liked that there were "pretty girls" in his class (that's where we're at with 12 :0) and Silas would have preferred to stick close to Mom and Dad instead of going to his little class(that's Silas). We saw a lot of familiar faces. That was cool too...lots of hugs. So, who knows...maybe the Holbrooks will do "church" again :0) Hee, hee!
Sunday afternoon was a delightful menagerie of naps, chess games, movies and munchies. I never forget how blessed we are in this country to have days like this. So many don't get a break from starvation, war, turmoil. Lord, thank you for Your incredible Grace on our lives and may we always extend it to those in need...whatever You would ask of us...may we always be willing to follow You! Thank You, Thank you for my gifts...my husband, my children, food, shelter, rest!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment