

So, a little more about the weekend. I was brief last night because I was sooooo tired...mentally, physically - exhausted! This is the first full week of school for me (the boys start on Thursday) and my days are spent, but I have a few minutes to try to relate this very incredible experience.
I first have to start by saying...it was not what I expected. I guess I was thinking along the lines of the "how to's" when in a leadership position. In relation to school, I have taken on a new position as the Student Study Team coordinator so I figured it would help me in this area and other areas of my teaching profession. Had no idea that God had a very specific agenda for His daughters.
We left Friday morning at around 10:30. I picked up Tami and we headed to Placerville to get Mom before heading to the lake. The expectation that had been building in me all week was that God was going to do something BIG. Mom kept saying, "leadership training" and I kept telling her, " I don't know Mom. I feel like it's going to be more than that."
Tami and I immediately jumped into expressing our love for the Lord with beautiful songs of worship and then we would dive into discussion, then back to worship. This went on all the way to Dad and Mom's and it was sooooo sweet. Tami is another one of my precious sisters. The Lord began to knit our hearts together some time ago (years) and every spring we attend the Aglow spring retreat together. This "leadership training" was one that we knew we would be at when we sat together this past spring, even though we are not in positions of leadership in Aglow. God was drawing us.
Tidbit: Zephyr Point is the same place we celebrated Dad and Mom's 40th Anniversary in July.
Ok-so we picked up Mom and scooted up the 50 to South Shore where we indulged at Sprouts with a lovely, wholesome lunch. Yummy! Then, it was time to make our way to the ZPCG. What a place. This time we were in Hubbard Lodge which sits a bit higher that Tallac Lodge (where we stayed in July). We still had a beautiful view of the lake, but the accommodations were a bit more...mmm...humble (a much older building) :0) The three of us settled in to our room and tried to rest but ended up chit-chatting as girls do. We had a lot to catch up on and a lot of giggling to do! Tami makes me laugh! Her humor is quick and always on time. Love it!
The first session was after dinner on Friday, but I would have to say that our purpose for being there didn't begin until Saturday morning when Ron Barnes was introduced as our speaker for the remainder of the "leadership training." This is where it all gets a bit intense...I've already mentioned in a previous post that "Deliverance and Spiritual Warfare" was the topic of choice. I am very aware that this is a subject that, even the mere mention, makes some want to flee. It is usually associated with "those Christians" who are way out there in there beliefs and is definitely not something you would normally hear a Sunday sermon on (well, I guess that depends on the church.)
Anyhow, Ron took us on a journey and I came away after each session feeling like I had been given a meal of sorts that needed to be chewed slowly, and digested even slower. Though it was very much a crash-course on the spiritual battles that ensue around us, it was not at all "scary" or "spooky." It was like the Lord was just hangin' with us and tellin' it to us how it is, and He was trusting us enough to hold it in our hearts until such time as He wants us to pull it out and use it.
I'm seeing it (Spiritual Warfare) as a very important part of this journey that the Lord has had me on, and it is definitely a call to be discerning and aware in these times that we live in, but more than anything, I feel like the Lord is weaving it into the transformation He is and has been working in me. Only God knows the plans He has for us. It's not something to get worked-up about, and most certainly it should not be a place of fear, but rather a place of trust!
I know the Lord has delivered me from so much as I look back over my life...fears, sins, temptations, the list goes on. I just want to be open to whatever He wants to do with me. I'm my beloveds and He is mine.
Lunchtime on Saturday was very memorable. We (Mom, Tam, Julia and I) were the only ones that chose to eat lunch on the lawn area overlooking the lake. There was one picnic table set-up in the middle of the lawn and it was calling our names. This was a highlight for me because Julia ministered to us so beautifully about the marriage relationship and I found myself weeping and being wrapped up in her arms while prayers of hope and deliverance wrapped around me. The King was dining with us for sure :0) A word about Mom here-she was like the proud little matriarch the whole weekend and every time at looked at her I would see her beaming smile, just full of love for her "daughters". She introduced Tami as her "other" daughter all weeked...(no Tami...not the "ugly French" one!) Burst of laughter...come on, let me here it over here.
Tami and I spent some very sweet moments in fellowship together (laying on the dock after lunch is something I'll never forget.) The conference ended on Sunday around 11:00. It was an intimate and appointed time together and now...hi-ho, hi-ho, it's back to work I go!
P.S. Hope you enjoyed the song Tam-Sum ;0)
No comments:
Post a Comment