The mind of a Pharisee thinks
truth is more important than love,
but Jesus showed us that
Love is the most important
part of Truth.
After what Brian and I experienced today via a fellow believer, I think I have seen that pharisitical spirit in a most blatant "unconfrontation." I have never experienced anything like this...ever! I was shocked, but mostly I was sad . Without going into detail, I've chosen in my heart to not hold onto anger (it would be easy and I could justify it to myself I'm sure). Instead, I am asking the Lord to help me to pray for this person and love this person from a heart of forgiveness and mercy.
God has been so unceasingly kind to me. I stand a forgiven and loved daughter and my prayer is that I not be one who receives pardon from my King, but then turns around and holds an other's sin against them. "Who am I...that You would love me so gently. Who am I, that You would recognize my name. Lord who am I, that You would speak to me so softly..." So that is my prayer tonight...Lord speak to this person so softly of your love and grace, that the wounds they carry would be healed in Your precious name and that You would bless them with Your amazing kindness.
Thank you for Your peace Lord and for revealing Your heart to me for this person. Thank you for the revelation of Your affection towards me and for the untangling you are doing in me. I'll close with 1 Peter 4:1-2 from the Message Bible -
Since Jesus went through everything you're going through and more, learn to think like Him. Think of your sufferings as weaning from that old sinful habit of always expecting to get your own way. Then you'll be able to live out your days free to pursue what God wants instead of being tyrannized by what you want (and what others expect from you - I added that.)
I Am Free!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment