Friday, August 7, 2009

Chaat Cafe

So, today was a real running kind of day, and I don't mean "training for a marathon" kind of running.  I mean the kind of running that takes you all over the place...hair appointment (check), lunch with a friend (check)...she introduced me to an amazing Indian Restaurant called Chaat Cafe...pick up kids from husband (check), Costco (check), groceries (check), mice for Caleb's snakes (check), home, finally home-sweet-home.  And the best part about coming home was the container filled with blackberries sitting on my porch.  God love you...(you know who you are)!  How I've been dreaming about blackberry pie and it has come to fruition this very eve.  Even after all of that running.  
So, now I have so many thoughts running around in my head.  Like, how intimate the Holy Spirit is with the smallest desires of our hearts...the details.  I was listening to a CD today and it struck me how God went into great, great detail in the design and architect of the temple in the Old Testament.  I am a living temple (so says the New Testament) and if He cared so much about detail under the old covenant...how much more He must pay attention to the details of my life...even blackberry pie kind of details.  It was very comforting because it was also a very spiritually and emotionally challenging day for me.  The struggles of my soul come and they go.  I think when I got home, God was affirming that He is going to make something very sweet out of my life.  He is the best blackberry pie maker around (He even makes the blackberries, thorns and all!!!)
Phew, glad to be putting my feet up and preparing to nod off.  Loving you, my friends  (all of you) and praying that you are able to sense the tender care of the Father over every minute detail of your lives.  Thanks for reading!

No comments: