I'm reading The Shack again. Have felt like the Lord has been nudging me to do this for some time now. I see a lot of the message from Graham Cooke weaving in and out of it. It is confirmation of what the Father is whispering to my heart. The question is, "Am I quiet enough to hear Him?!!!"
Some quotes from the book that have found a home in my heart:
(These are all Papa speaking)
"Consider our little friend here (it's a bird that has landed on the windowsill). Most birds were created to fly. Being grounded for them is a limitation within their ability to fly, not the other way around. You (Mack, me, you) on the other hand, were created to be loved. So for you to live as if you were unloved is a limitation, not the other way around." Ponder that one!
"Pain has a way of clipping our wings and keeping us from being able to fly. And if it's left unresolved for very long , you can almost forget that you were created to ever fly in the first place."
"A bird is defined not by being grounded but by his ability to fly. Remember this, humans are defined not by their limitations, but by the intentions I have for them; not by what they seem to be, but by everything it means to be created in My image." -so now that makes me ask, "What does it mean to be created in Your image Papa?" I'll have to go on a hunt!
And my favorite quote from this chapter and one that made me really stop and think, "Only as He (Jesus, being fully human) rested in His relationship with me, and in our communion - our co-union - could He express my heart and will into any given circumstance. So, when you look at Jesus and it appears He's flying, He really is...flying. But what you are actually seeing is Me, My life in Him. That's how He lives and acts as a true human, how every human is designed to live - out of My life!" For those of you listening to Graham...that is God's intentionality in our lives! I got it! Well, I mean, you know, I get a small glimpse of it and it is beautiful! Oh my gosh, that was such revelation to me and it made me want to sing...and dance (shoo-be, doo-be, doo-be doo!)
UNTAMED TOUR ON SALE TODAY!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment