Thursday, April 9, 2009

Seeking Jake!


This picture says it best, "Get me out of here!"
The Faithful Deck-Dog, Jake

I just spent several minutes consoling my precious younger two who are devastated over the loss of our labby-boy, Jake.  He took off yesterday (which is not an uncommon occurrence) as we left to pick up Caleb from his youth-group trek.  What is uncommon about the whole thing, is that he usually returns within a couple of hours.  Not so this time around.  It has been a whole day and everyone is starting to feel the pangs of loss.  Ugh!  

I made a trek down to the Placer County Animal Shelter today, just to be sure (even though he is collared/tagged).  I listed him as missing after perusing through the strays which were mostly pit-bulls.  Sigh!  My gut tells me that someone has our dog-dog and he might not be able to get home.  The boys and I made several hopeful trips about the neighborhood today but to no avail.  Jake is missing.  So, all of my FH friends out there who are reading, please keep your eyes open for us.  

I'm still praying that God does a miracle here.  I've never lost an animal before.  I didn't even think I loved this dog that much.  I guess I just wasn't in touch with my "canine emotions"!  I would give anything to hear him doggy-dreaming next to the bed tonight and so would Brian...who is just dying inside incidentally.  Jake was his boy...his hunting partner and friend.  This is not going to be pretty.  Please pray for my hubby.  Please pray for Jake's safe return home (especially that he wouldn't have one of his seizures from too much stress!)  Sigh-again!

No comments: