Monday, March 23, 2009

Coming Up for Air!


Thank You God...the portfolios are all turned in, Easter break is in two weeks and there are sunny days ahead! I can't believe how neglected my blog has been. I have been a busy, busy girl. I ran up to N.C. this morning and plopped all of my hard work on Jenna's desk (at the office) and felt my step get a whole lot lighter. It always feels like I've passed a final when I turn those things in (student portfolios). It is a sign that Spring is here and the school year is winding down. Praise the Lord! I came home and scrubbed my dirty floors (felt so good) and cleaned my kitchen windows (I can see across the hillside again!)
I'm thinking about going private on my blog. I'm not sure who reads this thing (probably only a small handful of people actually, which is good, because I don't write for the masses...obviously:0) So, if you are reading this, you just might be getting an invite in the near future to view my blog (with a password.) Sometimes I want to really go deep in my writing but it's hard to share personal things, and be totally transparent, when I'm not sure who is reading my "blah." Hmmmm?!!!! Dilemma.

Retreat is in a couple of weeks...always a much needed time away with my beloved Jesus. I'm anticipating 'deep'...that's just where I've been lately...deep calls to deep. I've been thinking about picking up the book The Shack again. Let me rephrase, I think the Lord is telling me to pick up the book again and read it with "me" in mind. I know that sounds totally narcissistic. It's not meant to. I guess I mean that I want to hear Papa' s voice speaking to my broken places, telling me of His love. The Shack is a good book for that (yes, along with the Bible.) One thing I am lately...sick of pretending. I'm so tired of hiding behind a wall of pretense. I want to "come out of hiding," so to speak, and be everything He made me to be...raw, tattered, broken, purchased, loved and forgiven...me! The song, "The Motions", by Matthew West says it so well!... "I don't want to go through the motions. I don't want to spend one more day, without Your all-consuming passionate side of me. I don't want to spend my whole life asking, what if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions!"



No comments: