Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Snow Day!!!

Here is the view from my kitchen window this morning. How Glorious!!! If you are familiar with Foresthill, you know that we get our yearly dusting of snow around this time of year. It "sticks" around for a day or so and then starts to fall off of the trees which is another beautiful spectacle in itself. "Snow Day" for the boys means some time on their boards which were a gift from the Sumrall family for Christmas this year!


We are so thankful to finally be getting some weather here in Nor. Cal. It's been such a dry season and we were starting to think drought...which in turn means fire! Maybe that won't be the case after all.


Last Saturday we found ourselves sitting at the C.I.S. office in Sacramento awaiting our numbers to be called for the final fingerprint appointment for completion of the
I-600A. Done! We applied for our passports on Tuesday (something I probably should have done earlier but just didn't expect to be finished with the 'paper-chase' so soon!) We had to pay to have them expedited which will mean we get them in 2 weeks rather than the 8-10 weeks the gal said it was taking at this time. Another miracle having to do with that...Tuesday was the only day we could get our passports because Brian is working early most of the week. I called the post office on Monday eve. at 8:00ish expecting to get an answering machine. Lo-and-behold this sweet gal answered and put us down on the appointment book for 11:00am. Unbelievable! She said she never answers the phone in the eve. but thought it might be an employee's family member. We were able to zip down to Costco and get our passport pics. done and then jump back up to Auburn to finish the applications with enough time to grab a Starbucks (thank you Tami G.) and get Bri. off to work in time!


So, that is that. When we receive our I-171H back from the C.I.S. and our passports in the mail...we will have completed the dossier and it will be on its way to the Chinese Consulate for authentication and translation. This really is a miracle. I have seen other time lines where it takes up to 8 months to complete what God has done for us in less than three months!


Sarah grace is part of our daily conversation these days. It's as though we really are pregnant and this amazing possibility is growing inside of our family! We love you Sarah Grace...may the Father continuously keep you and your mother in His loving arms.

No comments: