Monday, February 12, 2007

The Paper Pregnancy


Here we are, well into what I call the "second trimester". We are waiting on only a few more documents to be notarized. We received word today that the home-study is on its way to the C.I.S. which will complete our "Application for Petition to Adopt". I am anticipating a late March to mid-April log-in-date with the CCAA (Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs)...after everything is certified and authenticated. Once this happens then we are officially in the "third trimester" which happens to be the longest!


I was on the phone this morning with Leah, our family coordinator, who is quickly becoming a good friend and someone I talk to almost daily. She is so encouraging and assists me graciously with all of my questions and concerns. Ultimately, I feel like this process has gone so smoothly (little kinks here and there) but God's faithful hand continues to guide us and lead us to the next step. I am keeping a detailed journal of all of the miracles the Father is providing along the way. I see them every day...this journey is making me so much more aware of them and they are such sweet interruptions to what may seem like such an ordinary and sometimes "blah" day.

We are gearing up to celebrate the Chinese New Year. The boys are so excited. This is all part of a unit we are doing on the country of China. We are learning so many fascinating things about the culture our "mei mei" (sister) will be coming to us from. We will culminate our unit with a trip to San Francisco for the Chinese New Year festival on March 3. I'll definitely post some pictures of that!

Pepe is now out of the cardiac unit and doing very well. He should be going home sometime this week...very relieved and thankful for his recovery. He amazes us all. My dad always says he is going to outlive us all!

Blessings on my sweet cousins Gina and her sister Rachelle who continue to surprise us with financial help. What incredible acts of faith. They have overwhelmed us with the reality of God's awareness of the need! I love you family!

I think this quote sums this one up most perfectly being that Valentine's Day is right around the corner:

"You may give without loving, but you cannot love without giving."

Love is the one gift that always fits, is always appropriate, and is always in season and in fashion!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, 2007

No comments: