Tuesday, February 28, 2012

In the Garden

Well, I've started a new read. It's called, Unmasked, by a man I've never heard of before, Jim Anderson. Can't put it down! Karen Wright threw this one at me as I drove away from her house a couple of months ago. All she said was, "Read this! I think you will get a lot out of it."
That was two months ago. I had to get through my beloved Brennan's, Ruthless Trust...which of course I took my time chomping on because that's what his writing does to me.

Opening the book Unmasked comes on the heals of my being in church on Sunday with Ben and listening to a guest pastor (one who was at the Ammo Conference Benjamin attended). This man, Eddie ?, spoke on what else, but TRUST...Ruthless Trust in a God who keeps His promises! It was an absolutely incredible message of God's love for us and I ended up at the front for ministry. Wasn't sure why at first, but then at the end he said..."I just feel like there is someone here who carries the burden of having fallen far short of what God intended for their lives, and they carry shame and questions. God says that you were running hard after Him and the devil was totally hell-bent on getting you off-track from your relationship with Him. The enemy tried to completely derail you, but he hasn't. God saved you. You fell, but God carried you." Well, as you can imagine...that was it...I broke. That was why I was up there. It's funny how even after four years of healing and restoring our marriage, there are still remnants of guilt and shame that God wants to heal in me, and remnants of pain from the past. It just goes to show me how much He loves me, that He's not willing that there be ANY morsel undealt with...and it's all about my understanding how cherished I am by my Abba, Papa!!!

So this book starts out with talking about how "God is the only One who can put the petals back on the flower that the devil has torn off and restore broken women into their rightful places in His garden as His beloved daughters and princesses." It always comes back to the garden for me. I feel like the Lord has been wooing me back to the garden...that secret place with Him. That is what my deepest longing is. That is where I find myself...totally loved, accepted, forgiven and fulfilled. I'm so thankful that He doesn't let me flounder around for too long before He reminds me where I belong. After all, my name means "garden" and I'll never forget, "A garden, shut-up!" Lol! I think that was Carolyn Sudy from an Aglow Conf.

More later...Bella calls ;)

No comments: