The past week I have been experiencing a gentle nudge in my spirit to close this chapter, this blog. I have struggled deeply with the notion. This blog has become such a part of me. It holds such treasure, such memories and revelations of His truth and love for me. At times, I have written with a naked soul, bearing my heart before whoever reads with a vulnerability that has scared even me, and definitely scared my sweet hubby. Other times, I have written as the imposter, hiding myself behind carefully chosen words so as not to "look" naked and vulnerable. I heard recently (in a movie) that blogging is graffiti with punctuation. I guess that makes me a graffiti artist! (Insert giggle here:)
I have sought and I have prayed and I have asked Him to confirm to me that I am to stop writing here. Today, I believe He has answered. He always does! This will be my last post on "Days of Grace." However, it will also be the beginning of a new journey-journal, and chapter in my life. I am going to take time to seek and pray about how the Lord would choose to use my story, our story. He does not bring us through seasons of our life, only to have them disappear with no thread of remembrance. He uses our 'times', our weaknesses, our trials...he uses it all, but only He gets to decide how! I'm ready to be still at His feet.
The image of the woman with the alabaster box at Jesus' feet comes to mind. This story is so precious to me and is weighty in my spirit. I want to be that woman. She knew were the treasure was!
It has been such an incredible blessing for me, using this tool, called blogger. To be able to write my heart on these "pages" in such a way that anyone, anywhere in the world can "see" me!
What an incredible age we live in, and yet, I hear Him calling and drawing me to the secret place. It is His story....when I dedicated my life to Him as a teen, my story became His story and all Glory and Honor goes to Him who is able to do far, far above anything we could think to ask, dare to ask...or dream!!! He is the author of days, and my days will always belong to the Creative Force of my life...my King, my Savior, my Jesus!
1 comment:
WOW, daughter, this is going to be interesting and I know that you'll let us know "what's next" for you and your journaling!
Of course, I agree that God wants us to keep remembrance and there will always be times that are extraordinary in your days ahead that He will tell you to capture. Where that will be is His business and yours! He'll show you, I have no doubt of that.
Thank you for sharing so beautifully from your heart these last years and thank you, too, for the gracious tribute to your mother that I have actually copied and keep as a reminder of who I am in Christ. You encouraged me!!!
I know that this blog has blessed others and that you have obeyed and will continue to obey so that our Father will receive all the glory from whatever you do.
Stay close to Him, my darling. You will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, just as He has promised and I know that you will wait on Him. Be strong in your convictions and of good heart as you do this and all will be well!
Forever,
Mother
Post a Comment