I asked! He answered in a really weird way. Last night I was busy cleaning up shop while the boys bathed and got ready for bed. Caleb had the ridiculous and quite lame show on called, "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here." As I'm doing the dishes I'm listening to the weirdness coming out of my T.V. set and getting ready to hit 'power off' when all of the sudden, the Baldwin brother (I forget which one) starts talking about his charity that he is playing for...love146. My heart stopped and I felt that tingly, Holy Spirit is awakening something in me, feeling. This is an organization directly related to this very cause of the sexual exploitation of children and the sex-slave trade around the world.
Incidentally, I've been doing my research...from Natalie Grant's organization called, "The Home Foundation" to love146.org. I feel like there is a seed being planted down deep in me. I'm familiar with these seeds. There was one of these planted in my soul so long ago and it involved adopting a baby someday, somehow. Well, we all know how God watered that one and continues to today. So, I think my best bet is to allow the seed to go deep into the soil of my heart and wait on the Lord to see what He would have me do. I'll pray, I'll ask, I'll do whatever He would have me do. "I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord!" HIS INTENTIONALITY at work in my life. I love you JESUS!!!!
1 comment:
Oh Gi... I wish I could call you right now! I know you've got your school picnic today, so I won't be able to talk to you for awhile. I saw that movie last week and felt this EXACT same feeling. God moves in us, doesn't He? In ways WE never expect. I plopped myself down on the couch with Jason to "view" this film also thinking that I would busy myself doing something else (or maybe even sleep). I was strictly there to be by my hubby's side to begin with. However, before long, that movie had completely "taken" me in! It's been on my mind ever since, and if I would have known that you had seen it too... we could have had some great discussion about it yesterday at the park (in between my sprints after a certain little girl). :0) We'll have to save that talk for next week... during our next visit. I love ya' Gi! I love the fact that our hearts share so much of the same things.
Post a Comment