It has been 14 years since we said our vows on June 3, 1995. I wonder how many words we have spoken to one another since the day we met. And I wonder, how many of those words were spoken out of a selfish heart and an attitude of disrespect and anger? I pray that many more were spoken out of a genuine heart of friendship, love, humility and concern, but I'm afraid it's probably the other way around. The precious thing about marriage, though, is that it becomes God's most intentional (yes, there's that word again) place to demonstrate His perfect plan of reconciliation...again and again and again and again. We forgive and forgive and forgive and the conversation becomes sweeter and sweeter!
Love moves away from self and towards the other. This means everything in a marriage, and it has become the transforming force behind the sweet love that my husband and I are beginning to know and share in this next season of our marriage. We have been through certain death in order to get here (just trust me on that one)...to this place of laying down our rights and needing to have our own way in a matter. Definitely, it is a life-process, but when I surrender, it is a much less painful process. I read that this is the classic death and rebirth theme of Christianity, in which "the seed of love must be eternally resown." It is the essence of a spiritually meaningful marriage.
Our "long conversation" is a miracle of sorts and I praise God for punctuating it with abundant blessing, promise and restoration. Lord, I place in Your loving hands, this holy union and I am so, so thankful for everything You are doing in our life. Be Glorified!
Below is a video I made for B. this past Valentine's Day. You'll have to turn off the playlist music in order for the songs not to clash. -Images of the past 14!-
2 comments:
My friend, this is BEAUTIFUL!!
God has blessed you and Bri with a life full and rich. I know He will continue to do His works in both of you and in those three sweet boys.
It has been a pleasure walking this journey of life with you for the past few years, Gi... and I especially love that He has orchestrated "us".
Congratulations on 14 years!! Hugs to you both!!
Oh honey....you have such a gift!!! All the pictures are a testament of your LOVING family, top to bottom and your words just enhance the LOVE that comes through it all...THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR STORY....WE SEND YOU LOVE FROM THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE COUNTRY...TO ALL OF YOU!!! AUNT PENNY AND UNCLE ED(HOHOHO) XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment