Lord, come into Your Garden today and walk with me so intimately. Show me the areas that need to be tended to. Reveal the condition of the soil of my heart so that I can let You make it ready for the planting of Your Word. Pull up the weeds of bitterness, envy or strife that have taken root and in their place plant the flowers of your Grace, Mercy, Compassion, Patience and Love, Joy, Peace...the fruits of Your Spirit. Forgive me for being proud or wise in my own eyes. I want to be a blessing to You Lord and I want to be a vessel that can be used by You. Live through me Lord as I go about the duties You have prepared for this day. May I be a sweet fragrance to You. You are my everything and I LOVE YOU!
If you've been wondering what the Holbrook's have been up to lately:
School has been going quite well. The boys continue to make us so proud with their eagerness to learn and we know (and they know) that this is a gift from the Father. We talk frequently about the privileged of going to school (homeschool in their case) and how blessed we are in this country to have the many opportunities to grow in knowledge. They are taking guitar and continue to skateboard and pursue various other hobbies and interests. One of their passions has become the Awana Club which they go to on Sunday nights. This was introduced to them by some of their little buddies and they thoroughly enjoy it. Brian and I thoroughly enjoy the two hours we get to spend together cuddled up on the couch at Starbucks reading our latest book together. Heaven...a green tea late' in one hand and Perretti in the other :0)! The boys have been hunting with Daddy and love any outdoor activity that involves a bow, a call and a nice, long walk through tangled brush...and don't forget the ticks.
The near future holds a few trips up to snowboarding country...a couple of trips with the school and then a three-day weekend with dear friends to Lake Tahoe! Bless the Lord. God provides in so many ways. We have come to love hanging at Dave and Janice's with Uncle Rick and Aunt Shelly and Co.
I am simply amazed at how God continues to bring Grace upon Grace into our lives. I know I've said it here before, but I'll say it again, I am so totally excited about 2009! I will be starting a very intense journey with two dear friends this week through a book called "Changes that Heal." This will be a twelve week trek of the heart, soul, mind and strength. I am anticipating God to do good things and provide His mercy and favor to us as we pursue His thoughts for our lives and His healing and just sit at His feet in worship! This is the "next step" I'm to take and it is an answer to prayer! I love you Treacy and Linda - my precious heart-sisters and I thank God for you every day.
On another note...my sweet sister Tina will be giving birth soon to her second child. I got the email today with the directions to the hospital (she's so cute) and the official invitation to join the celebration of bringing this gift into the world with my Mom, sister and brother-in-law. Yahooooooo! Can't wait! Birth and New Life! Her baby shower is this weekend so I'll get to see the Sonoma and Bay Area cousins and favorite Aunt Kitsie which is an added blessing because I wasn't able to attend her 90th birthday this past October.
Time to get the dudes to bed. Blessings everyone. Remember to spend some quiet time with the Lord today. Let Him speak to you and tell you just how much you are LOVED! After all...everything comes down to love!
1 comment:
Your Faith is so beautiful. I can sense the light of Christ in you. You have given me a direction of hope I was losing..Thank you
Lid 4-07
Post a Comment