
I read today something I want to put into writing because it was so powerful for me and usually when I write something down in my journal (or in my blog) I remember it so much better. I've been doing a lot of this lately. I pray it blesses you.
"Luke chapter 18 is a story about how we should pray for one another. The word picture that Christ uses is of a widow who never gave up standing in front of a wicked judge. She kept asking every day for protection against people who were stealing from her.
Imagine an unrighteous, wicked judge assigned to a small city in Israel. He has no respect for God or man. He is disgruntled because he would rather be in Rome enjoying pageantry, games and parties. Instead he's stuck with a bunch of farmers, shepherds and religious fanatics. Everyday people line up to present their grievences to him and he passes judgement according to his mood.
In the line of people stands a widow with no one to look out for her interests or to protect her. Her situation appears hopeless. Others take advantage of her, but she has no legal rights. Although many view her as helpless, she knows the secret to gaining justice. The first time she presents her petition to the judge, he abruptly dismisses her. But she does not give up. After many days of standing in line, the wicked judge finally gives her protection. "Why did the wicked judge finally grant this woman her request?" Jesus asked. "Because she wore him down!" Jesus concludes by telling how much more our heavenly Father gives us when we stand in line every day with our prayer requests.
Luke 18: 1-8 talks about what we can do during difficult times of reconciliation. Jesus said to listen carefully to the story of the unrighteous judge. He pictures an important truth people need to understand. It was the woman's persistence that brought results. Jesus went on to say, "Shall not God bring about justice for His elect, who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them?"
Like the little old widow lady, we need to persistently stand before the Lord each day - asking if today is the day He will answer our prayers. It's vital to never give up asking the Lord to bring the needed improvements and growth necessary to help in this process. Continue to ask God for the wisdom, insight, and strength to keep going. Never give up!"
This just ministered to me so big time. We can continue to wait on the Lord until He renews our strength. He will cause us to rise up and fly like eagles, walking and not fainting. Some days I just want to faint but God is saying to me, "Rise up child, seek my face daily and I will do it in My time!" Especially if it is His will :0)! Anyway, that's all. I'm thankful for the word which is my source of strength everyday form the moment I rise to the moment I lay my head down to rest. Grant me rest this night Lord. May I rest in You and know that You are my hiding place.
1 comment:
I love you sweet sister! Thank you for these reminders. They are vital, aren't they? Praying for you...
~ Tami
Post a Comment