We always feel so blessed when we get to hang out with Dad and Mom. The Father's love just oozes out of them to us, and it feels so warm and fuzzy. We ate a lovely dinner together at Ocean Beach "(I forget the name of the place...I think it was the Beach Chalet. Anyway, it was a very historical building and it was just great to be away from the norm for a day.
On another note, everyone is feeling much better (we've been cruddy -Caleb even had/has mononucleosis). I say "has" because we're still not sure if he's out of the woods yet. Thankfully, no one else in the house got that one.
Brian and I are in for a treat this weekend and are longing to be away in the presence of the Lord together. We need a retreat and I'm praying that our time together is just want the Father desires it to be for us...lots of rest and lots of abiding is what I'm picturing. We have never actually stayed at the ocean together, so this will be a first and I couldn't be more delighted to surprise my honey. He knows we are going but he doesn't know where yet. We love to do this for each other. It makes the heart glad to bless the one(s) you love.
I'm excited about the new season we are heading into. I am excited about what God is doing in our marriage and how He is showing us His faithfulness. That doesn't mean there aren't difficult days..that just means that it is a total blessing to be able to rest on His promises during the times of trial..and we all know...trials will come!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment