Monday, April 21, 2008

One Year...Already!!!

It's official...our one year log-in anniversary came and went, and had it not been for one of the wonderful mother's in our waiting group, I would have let it slip by without notice. Not totally without notice...the week prior to April 16th I was completely expectant and excited to finally have hit the one-year mark. Hee, hee-I have to laugh at that because it was supposed to be such a landmark day and I ended up being so busy that it was "almost" just another day. That's OK...I hear we will probably be celebrating at least one more of these (or two!) No worries. MIRACLES are worth waiting for!
The school year is really beginning to wind down now. We had a lovely Easter break and shared it with my sister's son Seth, who stayed with us most of the week. I really enjoyed cleaning my house (after having been overwhelmed with deadlines the previous weeks, with not much time for housework.) I love organization and order, so when the house goes a while without a good scrubbing and tidying, it creates a bit of chaos in my mind. I've come a long way since the early days of my parenting though, trust me. You know, when you run behind your child cleaning up spills and messes and making sure everything (and I mean everything) is in it's place. That seems like a totally ridiculous prospect these days.
Anyhow, things have slowed down tremendously and I love the mornings when Brian and I are able to wake up together, have breakfast as a family and then carry on with schooling the boys (he does math...thank God for that!) We have been homeschoolers for almost six years now. Wow! Caleb (our oldest) will be in sixth grade next year. That seems totally impossible. Silas will be in second and Benjamin, in fourth. Incredible! I forget where Brian and I were driving this weekend, but a sweet little old couple took to the walkway in front of us and we just sighed in realization that we will be that couple before we know it. Life is but a breath.
I spent a sweet, sweet, time with my precious Mama at the Aglow Spring Retreat the weekend of April 11th. The presence of the Lord was so gently overwhelming at times. I've been to more than 20 of these retreats and not one is ever like another. I love Him more than ever and as I grow in relationship with Him, He continues to meet me right at the center of my need...of course, ultimately, my need is to be in communion with Him every minute, of every day of my life. I wish it were so easy to stay in the complete awareness of His presence, but He is still there.. even when I am watching my boys at the local skate park, or researching curriculum for the K-2 department. His nearness is evident in the little events that take shape during the day...like finding a long lost sock in the folds of a sheet, or hearing Silas exclaim, "Mom,, those flowers are BEAUTIFUL!" I am aware...He is there! I pray that you too, are able to rest a moment in the nearness of His love for you today.
This week the older two will embark on the STAR. Unfortunately, that's not some grand sailing ship or anything like that...it's the California Standardized Test. We will be traveling up to Nevada City on Weds., Thurs. and Friday. They are soooooo excited....NOT!!! I keep reminding them that it will be over before we know it and then the countdown begins. Our school year ends May 30th. That is going to come fast. We are looking forward to a May trip to Yosemite with the folks. Can't wait. We haven't been there in a few years. I'm really hoping that we have warmth by then. We've had sun, but it is chilly!
I'll have to post pictures of the past month this evening when the kids are in bed. Until next time...we wait with joyful anticipation, knowing that the Lord holds our dream (our daughter) in His Love...He holds your dreams too!

No comments: